Who's your favorite Muppeteer?

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
Carol, Jerry, Kathy, Steve, and Terry (Read on...)

Man, this is a tough question!

Hmm, well as a few of you have already said, I would concur that to me, Jim is by far the most influential to me, but I think that - outside of Jim - I'd probably have to say:

Caroll Spinney (For a philosophy, and an energy and enjoyability for the work he does, that strikes me as something I personally want to emulate to the n'th degree. As he was so inspired, "Make [a character] think he can [do something]...and he will." Bravo!)

Jerry Nelson (How, at times, the smallest movements can convey the greatest emotions is something I'll always take note of. MCC still gets me every time! That, and the enourmous array of vocal talent he has!)

Kathy Mullen (The flow that she has with a Muppet on her arm - or any puppet for that matter - is so soothing. I look at Mokey, for example, and wonder how she got the lilt into her hand that I cannot seem to get into mine - yet I practice day in and day out.)

Steve Whitmire (Proof that a kid with enough passion, heart, and practise-sense can make it in the industry. From the time you first walked into their offices, to when you said "I could come back" - and promptly left but to return, your quirks, skills, and genial personality are a boon to the company.)

...and special regard would have to go out to Terry for teaching me (whether he knows it or not) to strive toward your ambitions and to avoid getting yourself down over a bad turn. Your positive spin, along with Jim's, has helped me become a better person in life, and to unearth a common vision in my work. Thank you!

>Adam

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
pick?!?!?! I'm supposed to PICK?!?!?!?

I can't....

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
after thinking about the issue................

Well for Dead, it would be Jim, hands down. There would simply be no muppets without jim, which means I wouldn't have met any of you!

alive? ooooh toughie...I like 'em all Dave sticks out in my mind, for some reason, I guess it's because his character's just have a spark that appeals to me. (or maybe it's because I'm weird like Gonzo) :concern:

Benjamina

Reaction score
I would have to say Jerry Nelson, but then I like Richard Hunt...I dunno, really...They all are/were great muppeteers...I like 'em all!

rexcrk

Reaction score
I can honestly say I cannot pick a favorite! They're all equally awesome, IMO. Jim is the guy who created it all and brought some of my favorites to life: Kermit, Rowlf, Waldorf, Dr. Teeth. Richard is great too, and I absolutely LOVE Scooter's singing voice! And Frank is cool w/ his multiple characters, some of them being my favorite, Sam the Eagle and Animal (although surprisingly, I'm not as much of a Piggy and Fozzie fan...). Jerry is a very cool guy who has a great voice, a lot of his characters are awesome such as Floyd and Crazy Harry. Dave Goelz is good b/c he performs my favorite character of all: Gonzo! Not to mention the ever cool but silent Zoot! Steve is awesome b/c he plays the parts of Kermit and Beaker so well, and Rizzo has got to be one of my all time favorite characters! I also like Kevin b/c not only does he do Clifford and took over Sam the Eagle's voice (which I thought was pretty good) but he also played two cool non-Muppet characters: Splinter in the first two TMNT movies and the baby on Dinosaurs. Bill.. Billy Billy Bill. Bill is another great performer, and although his characters such as Pepe can get on our nerves sometimes, we love him. And his Rowlf is good from what I've heard, and Bobo the bear is hilarious! Johnny and Clueless Morgan are great too. Brian is cool, he also performs great characters such as Sal and Dr. Phil Van Neuter. He's also taken over Scooter and Janice too, which is great! And then there's Eric, who has done an excellent job with taking over Frank's main characters!

Beauregard

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
Well for Dead, it would be Jim, hands down. There would simply be no muppets without jim, which means I wouldn't have met any of you!

alive? ooooh toughie...I like 'em all Dave sticks out in my mind, for some reason, I guess it's because his character's just have a spark that appeals to me. (or maybe it's because I'm weird like Gonzo) :concern:
And we all thought it'd be Bill!!! BBB

Skekayuk

Reaction score
My favourite's just got to be Louise Gold. - Oh yes Jerry Nelson comes a close second, and there's lots of others I like. But if I pick a favourite that's who it is.

Whatever

Reaction score
Why Louise Gold? She didn't do as much as the others. Most people don't know who Annie Sue is. Is it because you're both from England? I'm just curious.