Who performed these characters?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
While I am really good at identifying performers by their voices, there are some characters who I can't tell who performs them. Their voices are unfamilar, or familiar but can't figure out where else I have heard them.

Who were the performers of these characters?:

1. Mother Snuffleupagus
2. Mother Chairbird in Follow That Bird (Noel McNeil was the first performer listed in the "Board of Birds" credits, so it could be him, but I am not sure what kind of voices Noel McNeil can do besides his Bear/ Magillian voice)
3. The Dentist in Learning About Letters (By process of elimination, I think it's either Pam Arciero or Bryant Young. I am not familiar with Pams voices besides Grungetta, and I do not know what voices Bryant can do)
4. Herrys Mother and Granny in Herrys Family Song (I think that his mom could be either Fran Brill or Pam Arceiro, and the granny sounds like it could be done by a male performer)
5. The fairy in the story of The Magical Cookie (I am not sure if this was ever performed on the show or just on albums, but I figure that the fairy is probably performed by either Fran Brill or Marylin Sokol)
6. The Queen from The tale of Tom Tuttertall Tuttertutt (I have a feeling that it might be Caroll Spinney, but I am not sure)

any help would be appreciated.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unfortunately the ONLY one I can answer is Herry's granny. I'm not 100% sure, so don't quote me on this, but he sounds like either Richard Hunt, or David Rudman.

Thijs

Reaction score
To my knowings, Herry's ma was Pam Arciero and Grannie was Kevin Clash

Splurge

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
While I am really good at identifying performers by their voices, there are some characters who I can't tell who performs them. Their voices are unfamilar, or familiar but can't figure out where else I have heard them.

Who were the performers of these characters?:

1. Mother Snuffleupagus
Noel MacNeil.

Having said that, there was a time that it was Marty Robinson (The Snuffy costume in "Mommy" gear), meaning that the mother and Snuffy did not interact on camera at the same time. Obviously, a new Snuffleupagus must have been built, and Noel stepped into the role.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
1. Mother Snuffleupagus
Noel MacNeal

2. Mother Chairbird in Follow That Bird (Noel McNeil was the first performer listed in the "Board of Birds" credits, so it could be him, but I am not sure what kind of voices Noel McNeil can do besides his Bear/ Magillian voice)
Noel MacNeal

3. The Dentist in Learning About Letters (By process of elimination, I think it's either Pam Arciero or Bryant Young. I am not familiar with Pams voices besides Grungetta, and I do not know what voices Bryant can do)
Pam Arciero

4. Herrys Mother and Granny in Herrys Family Song (I think that his mom could be either Fran Brill or Pam Arceiro, and the granny sounds like it could be done by a male performer)
Herry's Ma: Camille Bonora and David Rudman (on the "Monster Hits!" tape)
Herry's Granny: David Rudman

6. The Queen from The tale of Tom Tuttertall Tuttertutt (I have a feeling that it might be Caroll Spinney, but I am not sure)
Muppet writer Jerry Juhl.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
Muppet writer Jerry Juhl.
If Jerry Juhl did perform the queens voice, then I wonder why he wasn't credited as a performer on the Sing The Alphabet album. Was he credited in the original release of that album, known as The Muppet Alphabet Album?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
Herry's Ma: Camille Bonora and David Rudman (on the "Monster Hits!" tape)
When I first read this, I thought you were saying that David Rudman dubbed the moms voice in Herrys Family Song, but then I remembered that there was a scene with her in the linking footage of the video, and recalled her sounding different, although I thought that Richard Hunt performed her in that scene.