Who owns the rights to the Muppet Replicas?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I still would like to own the Muppet replicas but they are rarer then ever and there's characters that were made into prototypes but never got produced like the Rizzo, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Reporter Kermit replicas.

The only time I was ever close to these replicas is when I seen them at a local comic store "Newberry Comics", they had the replicas on the top shelf and they took them out of the slide box so I could see them. I think I literally stared at them for 10 minutes or so in amazement. lol

Since they are out of print technically, and there's two companies that were involved. I want to write a letter requesting them to come back, who should I write to?

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Well originally Master Replicas produced the line which consisted of Kermit the Frog, Animal, Gonzo and a Fozzie Bear prototype but due to poor retail support was not released. Then eFX picked up the lisence with plans to release Rizzo the Rat first and with plans for a Reporter Kermit, Miss Piggy, Pepe the king Prawn and possibly a Fozzie Bear. Rizzo, Reporter Kermit and a Miss Piggy head sculpt were shown at san diego comic con 2009 the Rizzo the Rat was schedueled for a late 2009/2010 release but has yet to be released
So If you wanted to write to someone about these coming back it would be eFX hope this helps

scooterfan360

Reaction score
i would love to own a full size scooter replica but too exspenisve i would have to be a millioniare in order to shell out the money for that

muppetperson

Reaction score
Strange that you can still click onto the Rizzo page. The Muppets logo has been removed from the EFX development page as they no longer hold the license.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Where there's a will (and a healthy bank balance!!), there's a way to owning Muppet replicas. The prototype Fozzie that efx made is available for a cool £12,500 for example (or $20,600) or there are a handful of people that can create them, though from experience I will say steer clear of Creature Clones. Their work is OK(ish), but they are horrendous to deal with, treat the customer with sheer contempt and drag out the whole affair until you are at your wits end!!

If you do want Muppet replicas, set your budget, do some homework and only deal with the best. Oh, and give up on EFX, they never seemed overly enthusiastic when they held the license and certainly did little to answer the questions from the fans.

That's just my opinion :smile:

TheMuppetBaby

Reaction score
Where there's a will (and a healthy bank balance!!), there's a way to owning Muppet replicas. The prototype Fozzie that efx made is available for a cool £12,500 for example (or $20,600) or there are a handful of people that can create them, though from experience I will say steer clear of Creature Clones. Their work is OK(ish), but they are horrendous to deal with, treat the customer with sheer contempt and drag out the whole affair until you are at your wits end!!

If you do want Muppet replicas, set your budget, do some homework and only deal with the best. Oh, and give up on EFX, they never seemed overly enthusiastic when they held the license and certainly did little to answer the questions from the fans.

That's just my opinion :smile:
I got an email tonight from eFX (Bryan Ono) who said that they ended their licesnse agreement with Disney in 2011 and will no longer be producing Muppet items.

PastorJimmy

Reaction score
I would think you would need to contact Disney. Technically they can't stop you from making replicas if you plan not to sell them or use them in any type of "show" or anyway that would make you money or famous basically you could create one or have someone create you one without purchasing it; ie would have to be a payment "donation" for services rendered.

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

eFX did not make the Fozzie prototype, I did for Master Replicas and I made the Kermit, Gonzo and the Animal prototypes for them too. Credit where credit is due.

Have a good one everyone,

Terry Angus

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

eFX did not make the Fozzie prototype, I did for Master Replicas and I made the Kermit, Gonzo and the Animal prototypes for them too. Credit where credit is due.

Have a good one everyone,

Terry Angus
Shoot!!! Sorry Terry, I thought you made it for Efx - I totally forgot it was still the Master Replicas days!!! Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry!!!

Folks, this guy, the awesomely talented and unbelievably great guy Mr Terry Angus, is the king of Muppet replicas. His work can be seen on other threads and every Muppet fan really should check it out!! Heck, he even had a namecheck from the big man himself, Jim Henson, and worked on classic Muppet productions. That footage is available on YouTube.

Apologies again Terry!! Hope you're well matey!