Who makes music?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I always wanted to learn the banjo, specifically because of Kermit and the Rainbow Connection.

I also specifically wanted to learn the guitar (which I did) because of an in-school assembly where they demonstrated lots of instruments. When the guy picked up the guitar, he played the beginning of "Puff the Magic Dragon," which was my favorite song. I knew then that I had to learn the secrets of those strings!

jediX

Reaction score
I bought a banjo just to learn Rainbow Connection and sing along in a Kermit voice.

PS: Mission accomplished. :smile:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I love how the muppets can inspire people to go out and celebrate life through music! :smile:

Beebers

Reaction score
jediX said:
I bought a banjo just to learn Rainbow Connection and sing along in a Kermit voice.

PS: Mission accomplished. :smile:
Hey, neat-O. Rainbow is/was done with a 4-string banjo, if I'm not mistaken, and I'm very intrigued with the idea of what I can do with it with 5-string.

*mischief moment* - there's someone else on the forum who can really sing, though zee world doesn't know it. I shouldn't blow his cover though. Fab tenor voice.

:cool:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Beebers said:
*mischief moment* - there's someone else on the forum who can really sing, though zee world doesn't know it. I shouldn't blow his cover though. Fab tenor voice.

Ooh, ooh, is it Luciano Pavarotti? I always suspected he was a muppet fan!

:wink:

jediX

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Hey, neat-O. Rainbow is/was done with a 4-string banjo, if I'm not mistaken, and I'm very intrigued with the idea of what I can do with it with 5-string.

Indeed it is, but if you detune the banjo from default tuning and into semi-guitar (adgb), it is a sinch.

dmx10101

Reaction score
Well I have made a Muppet Central rap to one of the beats I created. I will be putting that and all of my beats on the web as soon as I can get a tripod site set up.

Klonoa

Reaction score
In high school I played bass trombone. It's like a regular trombone except it's a bit bigger and sounds like a tuba. Usually they put the best trombone players on the bass trombone, but I was a horrible player so it's a mystery as to why they put me on bass. I was really, really loud. I sounded like a dinosaur in pain. But nobody seemed to notice too much. Haven't touched a musical instrument since high school, though. I tried to teach one of my little brothers piano lessons, but that didn't last too long. I can read music, but I really can't carry a tune real well when it comes to singing. And I have no rhythm, which means I'll never be able to beat Space Channel 5. Poop.

Are there any Muppets who played trombone? I know in the illustrated kids book "A Day in the Life of Oscar the Grouch" Oscar played a beat up trombone in the middle of the night. Any other trombone Muppets?

--Klonoa

jediX

Reaction score
A whatnot woman played it, along with trumpet, in the pit band on TMS. There may be more, but I'm too upset by that disgusting Disney news to even care right now :frown:

DisneyNut

Reaction score
I am a musician. I write and record my own material, gig around the bay area, music direct shows, compose for shows, teach on occasion. I play guitar, bass, drums, piano, trumpet, trombone, banjo, ukulele, harmonica, french horn and am learning mandolin for a project I'm working on right now. I play a lot of pop, jazz and blues but still play some classical too (mostly on Trombone) Music is pretty much the only marketable skill I have, so I'm going for it!