Which performer should get a documentary next?

mo

Reaction score
I think frank oz...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i love Steve Whitmiere's story of how he became a muppeter. I also get really touched when I read about his account of Jim's passing. I know there has to be a more deep look as well as to taking on the role of Kermit and Ernie that I would love to hear see more about.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed that Sesame Workshop doesn't seem to have been involved with the Kevin Clash documentary or upcoming Caroll Spinney documentary (aside from providing clips and approving the use of character names on titles), but the two performers who have gotten recent documentaries are ones who for at least the last decade have primarily performed on Sesame Street (and they both happen to be the only performers who have written autobiographies). I'd like to see a documentary on one who's worked on a larger number of Henson productions and who has more characters associated.

Considering the performers were left out of The Muppets bonus features, I wonder if Disney would refuse to approve of a documentary on one of the main performers. I know, Disney doesn't have to approve (I assume), but Disney would have to approve of providing clips, and may or may not have to approve of using clips of its characters.

But considering the Kevin Clash and Caroll Spinney documentaries have their most-associated characters names in the titles, I wonder if any Muppet performer docuementary would have to include their main characters names (well, any who isn't Jim Henson... And maybe also Frank Oz). I wonder what kind of a title a Jerry Nelson documentary would have.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing's for sure: If somebody like Nelson, Hunt, or Oz got a documentary, it would be disapointing if it were to focus almost exclusively on one particular character. With Clash and Spinney, it makes a bit of sense.... Elmo has taken up most of Clash's time in the last decade, though he has performed plenty of other characters as well (though it seems most of Clash's other characters sort of disapeared around season 31, then Hoots, Natasha, and maybe Benny came back around season 35, and then it seems they're all gone again, though I haven't watched much of the last season), and of course Spinney hasn't had many characters besides Big Bird and Oscar.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if a Dave Goelz documentary/autobiography had a title relating to Gonzo, or if one on Steve Whitmire had a title along the lines of taking over Kermit.

Hmmm, and while Jim Henson has had many documentaries, he hasn't really had one in a long time. It would be kind of great if Henson got the documentary film treatment. I think there is a lot of stuff to cover that wasn't acknowledged in The World of Jim Henson.

Zeliboba

Reaction score
All of the classic muppet performers deserve a documentary, but I'd go with Richard Hunt if I needed to choose. He was a great muppeteer and a wonderful person, and also it kinda makes sense to honor the memory of a deceased person first.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
true, but if you watch Kevin's it really is kind of a tribute to Jim Richard and Kermit Love.

Yorick

Reaction score
All Muppeteers should have a doc about them, and they should all get made right now! :grouchy: Haha. But I sure would love a Jerry Nelson documentary. Bonus materials on the DVD could include videos of him making music - including the videos of those two songs he did in concert that are not on his Truro Daydreams CD (they were on http://www.ukuleledisco.com but the site doesn't exist anymore. I think I learned of the videos from http://www.toughpigs.com/jerry-nelson-album/).

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I would love to see a Richard Hunt documentary and a Jerry Nelson one as well. You know what would be surprising? I would love to see the Muppets interviewing too. I mean without Jim, Jerry, Richard, Ox, and a bunch of other guys, there would be no Muppets.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think they should not do a documentary on any of them, and do a bio pic on Jim instead. Using the new Biography as a guide.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I would love seeing a Jerry Nelson documentary. His legendary career will be never forgotten by Muppet fans everywhere.
I would also love to see Frank Oz one as well.