Which Muppeteer inspires you the most?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This qustion is somewhat of a tricky one. in a certian way im sure that all of them would insper me but i have also noarowsed it down to a few.

I know that alot of you all will say Jim Henson. Jim was to perfect to me i mean he was so creative and smart that i have a hard time to say i want to be just like him i know deep down that will never happen.

Caroll Spinny is an awsom muppetter, and if you have not read his book you really should. his stuggles and emotion that he went through is alot of what i go through even now. Je has inspiered me to not give up and that hard work really does pay off.

Richard Hunt was way befor his time and is truly missed he inspired me becuse unlike Frank Oz who has even said it was just a job to him . Richard always in every picture i saw him in looked like he was having a blast . which has taght me to make what you do fun . iI even try t apply this at where i work now and maybe evn one day i will work with the muppets in some way shape or frome. And Finaly.

Brian Henson has developed over the years as not only a good leader but yet a better prefomer then i ever thought possable. He has over come so many hurtlets in his life and has carried on the legacy that his late father left behind. i can really relate to Brian becase i to have lost my father to death. Brian and lisa and the whole henson famliy kep on and that really moves me in such an awsom way. that is also one reason why im such a muppet fan that evne thoug they lost thier leader they still keep going and for the better i say.

So now you who really touches you as a good roll model inspers you or you can really look up to for some reason .

:smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson and Dave Goelz for going on when Frank has left and Jim and Richard have gone before.

Beth C

Reaction score
Steve Whitmire.. for taking on the biggest role of all and keeping Kermit alive. He did a great job to step up and take over when Jim passed on.

I would never be that brave in my life.

~Beth C

Beauregard

Reaction score
Beth C said:
I would never be that brave in my life.

~Beth C
Sure you would, if you were asked to take over Piggy, would you say no?

Beth C

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Sure you would, if you were asked to take over Piggy, would you say no?

*Primps in front of a mirror* Moi is not that talented..

*looks at Piggy puppet then mirror then puppet again*

On second thought...

:wink:

~Beth C

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I think they're all terrific. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. I think Jim has inspired most, but only because he inspired the other performers, too.

Jim Henson had the creativity and imagination, sometimes I think that's something that's lacking in newer Muppet productions. For instance, you might never see something like Java or even Hugga Wugga on a new Muppet series. You didn't on Muppets Tonight. We may see lots of Mahna Mahna, but that's been done to death. He also added a sweetness to any character he played that is unmatched, as well as a wonderful wild and crazy side.

King Jim

Reaction score
I think Steve Whitmire is able to sound like Jim Henson when he performs Kermit.

And when Dave Goelz sounds like Jim Henson when he Performs Waldrof.

teebs

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson is an inspiration to me. He's the most open and friendly person I know of. His helpful attitude shows how much he cares about his fans. He's a very strong person as well. He has had some tough times in his life, but he's made it through. He's also a very talented puppeteer, and his repertoire of voices and characters is astounding. All in all, I'd say Jerry's one swell guy.
:sing:

Kamit

Reaction score
In my job lately I've had to deliver a couple of workshops to elementary school kids (mainly in the grades 5-8 range). These workshops deal with leadership (both of yourself and others) and using your dreams to help set goals.

Anyways one of the exercises in the workshop is aimed at identifying your personal heroes. I tell the kids that it doesn't matter who they pick (family member, celebrity, historical figure, fictional character etc) it's the reason they pick the person that's important. And one of the people I usually name as an example of one of my heroes is, you guessed it, Jim Henson.

After having to explain to the kids who Jim Henson was, I then go on to explain that he was my hero because a) he was such an amazingly creative person but also because b) he was also a kind person who tried to inspire and nurture creativity in others.