Which DVD's are worth the money?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah? Hmm. Well it's not as if I'm in a position to be choosy, though.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh, sure. yeah. But I was just saying if there's a choice of video at $2.95 and DVD at $10.50 don't buy the DVD for the just for the extras.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I bought it and loved it. I'll buy all the Muppet DVD's. Don't care if I am buying them for the extra's. I love the commentires and bloobers.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh, a blooper of my own. I havn't listened to the MCC comentry yet. So I can't comment, maybe they are worth it..

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah Beauregard the commentaries would be a good thing. BUt I'm not choosing the dvd's oer videos or anything, but like, used dvds of muppets would be easier to find since their newer and if stores purge their stock, I'm more likely to find the dvds on sale. At least near me.

But you're right, I'm not gonna be choosy. ^___^ As long as its muppety. :big_grin:

T-Bird Chick

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Hello there guys. I'm trying to collect the main muppet movies on DVD, but I'm not sure which one I should start with, or which is worth the money.

I'm looking to eventually get (at the very least):
The Muppet Movie
The Great Muppet Caper
Muppets Take Manhattan
Muppet Christmas Carol

These are the ones I'd like to get first (I own MTI on vhs, so that can wait). But I haven't yet seen TGMC (Gasp!) and I've seen MTM at least 6 times. So I was thinking I'd start with the 1st, The Muppet Movie. Would anyone suggest otherwise? I dont know how good TGMC is and it would be fun to buy it and watch it, but I love the 1st one. And I'm not buying a Christmas movie this time of year. Also I don't know which DVD's are better (you know, special features and stuff).

So any advice for my muppety dilemma? :embarrassed:
I HAVE ALL OF THE MOVIES BUT NOT ALL ON DVD JUST MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL AND I BOUGHT IT BY ORDERING FROM BLOCKBUSTER IT IS A GREAT DEAL

McFraggle

Reaction score
I would try eBay. I would start with "The Muppet Movie" first. As far as availability is concerned, Disney has the full rights to TMM, GMC, MCC, and MTI. So even if you have trouble finding them now, you shouldn't have much trouble here shortly when they release them on their own imprint. The other "main" films MTM and MFS, are part Columbia, part Disney, so those will probably be harder to find than the ones Disney fully owns.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Scooters Girl said:
I HAVE ALL OF THE MOVIES BUT NOT ALL ON DVD JUST MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL AND I BOUGHT IT BY ORDERING FROM BLOCKBUSTER IT IS A GREAT DEAL
Scooter's Girl, I know I'm not a moderator or anything, but I have been here for a long time and have experience. If you keep shouting, people are going to get annoyed. By shouting, I mean, writing in Capitals a lot, or Writing With The First Letter Capitalized. It seems toothers that you are shouting and demanding when you write like that, and people are going to not like it. It's great having you here on the site, but please keep shouting to a minimum. Thanks!

christyb

Reaction score
Just thought I'd come in here and put in my two cents worth. (Which is about all that is worth :smile:) Anyway: Here's my opinion for those who are looking.

1) If you live near a Wal-Mart head straight for that 2 for $11 bin. You'd be amazed at what they put in there. I asked about some of them and some movies are just what they find in storage in the back of the store and want to get rid of.

Now on to DVD's

As far as TMM and GMC goes I say definately wait for Disney to release them under their title. Right now they're hard to find.

MTI- A good buy. You can find it a Best Buy easily. It has a few goodies on it. I'd like to see more but the commentary keeps me amused.

MFS- Found this one at a Best Buy discount bin. It really could've used more special features. But the bloopers are great. The video commentary welll.....was boring to me but that's my opinion
AVMMC- Has lots of goodies and is easy to find around Christmas time. I say buy it and it's worth it.
MTM- Again, I found this in a Wal-Mart bin. Has an awesome interview by Jim Henson. (make that with Jim). And a couple of Muppetisms. Beware, watch in wide screen though. Unless you like seeing heads, arms, and odd things at the bottom of the screen in Fullscreen mode.
Kermit's Swamp Years- Cute movie. But that's all I can say about it.

That's the DVD's that I have. And what I know about each. Hope this helps!

T-Bird Chick

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Scooter's Girl, I know I'm not a moderator or anything, but I have been here for a long time and have experience. If you keep shouting, people are going to get annoyed. By shouting, I mean, writing in Capitals a lot, or Writing With The First Letter Capitalized. It seems toothers that you are shouting and demanding when you write like that, and people are going to not like it. It's great having you e on the site, but please keep shouting to a minimum. Thanks!
Oh, I am REALLY sorry :embarrassed: , i cant help it but can i still do like i did with really(you know what i mean with it)?
And PLEASE call me Madison.Thank you!