Where were you?

Frogster

Reaction score
Life has changed since Jim's death, rest his soul. Do you guys remember where you were when you found out Jim Henson died? I was in a hotel at the age of five, and my mom read me the article explaining Jim's passing. How about you? :sympathy:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I rember it very well we where walking in the Mall in East Tennesse and we pass by a book store that had a magizen rack that had a time magizen on it with kermit sitting in a directors chair looking very sad. i walk over to the book rack and the words on the Muppets say Goodbye to Jim Henson, or somthing to that nature. My heart was broken, i thought kermit needs me and i need him right now. i was sad for a few days i thought the muppets where dead the Person i was looking up to was gone, i was scared and hurt. That hurt went on for years. Kermit's voice would never be right and i totaly hatted both MCC and MTI. Then i just had to except the fact Jim was gone and that the muppets where still around and where just a little diferent.
Now i can happly say that i love both MCC and MTI and everything else that the muppets have done after Jim's Death.

Iggy35

Reaction score
I just woke up one morning to a newspaper with a 2 page spread about it.
The worst one for me was Richard Hunt's death.
Dunno if it was any different in the US but in the UK nothing was mentioned about it in the papers.
The way I found out was settling down all excited with my family and a bowl of popcorn to watch the first new muppet film for years (MCC) and got "Dedicated to Jim and Richard" flash up at the start.
That put me in the right frame of mind to enjoy the movie! :frown:

IGGY35

McFraggle

Reaction score
I remember watching television with my Mom, and they flashed an ad for the evening news and stated that Jim had died. I was only around 8, so I was very young.