Where is the new New York Workshop?

zns

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Thanks, maybe I'll get over and do that soon!
Thanks Vic. Like all of you, I would really like to see the inside of the worksop. My reason is that like a lot of you, I hope to have a carreer as a puppeteer working for Henson. The only problem is that I have never built any puppets like the Muppets. I hope someone has patterns that they can give me, especailly the one from Women's Day magazine.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
There are links in the puppetry section to get free puppet patterns.

rowlf84

Reaction score
As far as tours go, they're pretty private. They have a lot of work to do so I doubt that they'd take the public on a tour. I guess it's worth a shot to call though. You wouldn't know they were there from the outside of the building.

zns

Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone has had a chance to see the new NY workshop yet. If so, please let me know. Thanks.:smile:

Camellia

Reaction score
hi, Sometimes people ask where to send "fan letters" or ask for "tours".

Someone posted: The Jim Henson Company
627 Broadway, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10012

as contact info. Where did you get the info?

thanks!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
zns said:
Thanks Vic. Like all of you, I would really like to see the inside of the worksop. My reason is that like a lot of you, I hope to have a carreer as a puppeteer working for Henson. The only problem is that I have never built any puppets like the Muppets. I hope someone has patterns that they can give me, especailly the one from Women's Day magazine.
ZNS, it's probably very unlikely they will give you puppet patterns, but if you're looking for the Women's Day pattern it can be downloaded from http://www.puppetminister.com/links/muppets-blatch.pdf

As Foz mentioned, there are links to all kinds of puppet building resources available if you explore the Puppetry section of the forum. I've written a Guide to Puppet Building Resources that you might find helpful too.

zns

Reaction score
Thanks alot Buck-Beaver, this really helps. As for what I said, I didn't mean that the people at Henson would actually give me patterns :smirk: , but that I could get ideas on how to get started. But this helps anyway. :wink:

puppetise

Reaction score
i have sesame street workshops adress its
Sesame Workshop
1 Licoln plaza
New York, Ny 10023

zns

Reaction score
Has anyone gottten a chance to visit the new location of the workshop yet? Any new info? Yes? No? Maybe so?

Kiki

Reaction score
Awesome! So you can write a letter to a muppeteer? Groovy, cheers! :smile: