Where is Steve Whitmire Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Do you think that Kermit should have an alternate performer?
Personally I think every Muppet should have only one performer ever (unless dubbed -as a last resort - or possibly the Disney Parks Mobile-type Muppet Attractions).
Okay, now I'm going to have to stop you on that one, because a lot of Muppets do have understudys. Matt Vogel occassionally subbing for Carroll Spinney as Big Bird is an example. Then there's Jerry Nelson, who's health has sort of gone downhill lately. If his characters, specifically the Count were to remain on 'Sesame Street,' they would need to be recast at some point. Again, hopefully Tomahawk's message is true and that Steve will continue as Kermit for a long time, but whatever happens there might someday come a time when Steve will no longer be able to continue as Kermit in which case he would have to be recast. So it's not too much of a stretch for Artie to sub for him on occassion, while Steve is busy doing something else, which if Tomahawk's post is correct about Steve working on other projects will be good news. Just thought I'd put in my two cents on this.

MWoO

Reaction score
Well Jerry and Carroll are special circumstances. They are much older and had to consider retiring. Steve is still fairly young and still very much in the game.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Other than answering these questions the case (but not the thread) should be closed until official information comes forth and can be attributed to an actual source. All of those questions follow the rules of Muppet Central Forums.
Exactly what I'm thinking. there are only 2 things that could happen when we get the news... we'll either all feel silly because it's something small, or we'll be shaken to the core by it. Ultimately, it's the waiting that's the problem. And the only thing that turns it from worry/troublesome to frustrating is circular comments, and counterproductive name calling of members. not to mention the tiresome "Post-Jim stuff sucks" comments that we've ALL gotten tired of by now.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I'm thinking. there are only 2 things that could happen when we get the news... we'll either all feel silly because it's something small, or we'll be shaken to the core by it. Ultimately, it's the waiting that's the problem. And the only thing that turns it from worry/troublesome to frustrating is circular comments, and counterproductive name calling of members. not to mention the tiresome "Post-Jim stuff sucks" comments that we've ALL gotten tired of by now.
I'm tired of that too. Sure, not post-Jim project was golden (psst...even Jim had some misses, rare as they were). Muppet Classic Theater had its moments, just like Muppets Tonight did too. Treasure Island and Christmas Carol are both had some great musical numbers. Sure, there are some production gaps that Jim knew how to fill. That extra layer of shine. I think they'll find it again, but can anyone imagine the last 19 years without the Muppety goodness we had? :smile:

Oh, and yay Steve (since this is his thread). :smile:

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
I'm tired of that too. Sure, not post-Jim project was golden (psst...even Jim had some misses, rare as they were). Muppet Classic Theater had its moments, just like Muppets Tonight did too. Treasure Island and Christmas Carol are both had some great musical numbers. Sure, there are some production gaps that Jim knew how to fill. That extra layer of shine. I think they'll find it again, but can anyone imagine the last 19 years without the Muppety goodness we had? :smile:

Oh, and yay Steve (since this is his thread). :smile:
I always forget about Muppet Classic Theater... I remember being a kid and bringing the VHS home from the store, so excited to pop it into the VCR... I would rewatch "Gotta Get That Name" over and over and over, all because of that little weasel, shaking his head uncontrollably through the chorus, and laugh and laugh. Hehe... Good times.

unclematt

Reaction score
Are there any planned Kermit appearences that we know about that we could watch for who is porteaying Kermit? How abour the stuff that was just being shot in Disneyland? I think it was Disneyland.

Luke

Reaction score
Are there any planned Kermit appearences that we know about that we could watch for who is porteaying Kermit? How abour the stuff that was just being shot in Disneyland? I think it was Disneyland.
Rizzo was there and it seems Steve was in one of the photos. Next announced appearance is Maceys Parade, but we may see him before then.

unclematt

Reaction score
If Steve was at the Disneyland tapings then I think all conversation is mute and we have nothing to talk about.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well Jerry and Carroll are special circumstances. They are much older and had to consider retiring. Steve is still fairly young and still very much in the game.
Yeah. That's a good point. I guess I was thinking that because of his 50th b-day. But the older Muppateer's are well in their 70s. That might be the case with Steve at some point, but not now. I guess I'll just have to take back what I said in my last post. Kermit shouldn't have an alternate performer at this point and time.

Luke

Reaction score
If Steve was at the Disneyland tapings then I think all conversation is mute and we have nothing to talk about.
Erm, the theme park taping was PRIOR to America's Got Talent. :embarrassed:

Status
Not open for further replies.