Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I loved this franchise too. There's a joke about dating there, but I won't make it.
Twas an ace Super Sleuth meself in almost all the games. Got so good at it, I kept craving the next game. Had the original floppies too. World was green, Europe was yellow, USA was blue (until I got a newer "Classified" version), Time was black, and America's Past was red on white. That last one was the only one I didn't play that much. Never got Space, my sight was bad by then. The cool thing is that they made Carmen Sandiego create-your-ending mystery books where you'd read and solve a regular case by flipping to the according page. The cool thing about those was that we finally got charicature representations of Carmen's henchcrooks. Only other merch that compares is the poster with the Time crooks and the individual bio cards with America's Past roster, all portrayed by various people photographed as members of V.I.L.E.

Good times. *Insert Boober "Sigh" smilie.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The game(s) were fantastic. I used t love playing it in study hall. I wish it was available to play still online somewhere.

Xevia

Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to the game show! I remember watching this show way back in the early 90's when I was around 11. This show was great. I even watched this show on vacation in Destin Florida when I was sick back in 92. Man this was a great show. I even have the theme song on a cd that I made that was sung by Rockapella. The Chief played by Lynne Thigpin and the host Greg Lee were great.

I also like the villians like: Double Trouble, Robocrook, Patty Larceny, Vic the Slick, Top Grunge, Eartha Brute, Contessa, Wonder Rat, Kneemoi, and Sara Nade.

ryan
That is so awesome you remember the villian's names!

I remember that lady always saying Gumshoe.

I liked playing at home and always hoped that it would be a map of America at the end.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Well since this thread has been dug up from out of nowhere, you can find a lot of episodes on youtube.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, some of the villains' names in the games were positively groan-worthy. Let's see how many I remember:

Sam O'Nella (World, deluxe)
Bjorn Toulouse (World, deluxe)
Nell N. Void (USA, deluxe)
Rita Laboutit (Space)
Hanover Fist (Space)
Homer de Brave (America's Past)
...there's more, of course, but it'd take a few more posts. And Sara Nade: she was in the computer game version of "World" as well, the deluxe version.

However, some of the crooks in the original World and USA games had fairly ordinary names: names like "Dazzle" Annie Nonker, Fast Eddie B., Lady Agatha Wayland, B.B.D. O'Brien, "Sheriff" Paul Drive...it wasn't until later when the writers decided to go in for the puns, it seems.