When you need to rant...

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Actually, the more you guys say it, the more I actually like the idea of Drtooth going into politics in some capacity. I mean, he may not be too keen on the idea himself, but he is far more informed then most people out there. Now, I don't know if he should run for president, since the chance of even coming close to winning or having your voice be heard is very slim. But all i'm gonna say is this- God didn't make you that smart for nothing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One thing I can say for sure is that Drtooth is well aware that both parties have their flaws, and has called them out numerous times on where they both fall short, so one thing is for sure is there certainly would be non-partisan decision making.

On that token, this is now, what, the third time Hillary's tried running? I think heralde would make an excellent lady president, since like Drtooth, she knows very well that both parties are flawed and that the American people are suffering as a result of the two spending too much time fighting amongst themselves and not for the betterment of our country.

A salami sandwich would make a better president than Drumph or Hillary, and I don't even like salami.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Just listen to how slow and articulate he pronounces it the second time. XD

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, you don't want me in there. I'm the origins of a supervillain. Frankly, I'd rather have been a mad scientist, but I didn't go into science, so that's a non-starter. Plus, you know, reality. No army of Robot Masters I'd steal from a well meaning scientist partner.

On that token, this is now, what, the third time Hillary's tried running? I think heralde would make an excellent lady president, since like Drtooth, she knows very well that both parties are flawed and that the American people are suffering as a result of the two spending too much time fighting amongst themselves and not for the betterment of our country.
I'm always saying she's the Susan Lucci of running for president. And frankly, the more I hear about her, the more I get it. I really wish we had someone stronger, male or female on the Dem's side so we wouldn't have so many statistical dead heats between her, a quintessential politician for better or worse, and someone supported by very dangerous people and those who's definition of freedom is dictatorship they agree with. I really wish it was Elizabeth Warren, but then if she ran, she wouldn't have handed Well's Fargo's butt to them. Seriously, we need to remember that no matter how vile things get, the government is supposed to look out for its citizens, especially against corrupt corporate execs. Even if it does so a third or less of the time.

There's nothing I can do but vote. There's nothing you can do but vote. This election isn't about right wing and left wing politics. It's about swallowing pride and letting a career politician maintain the country vs. someone who would totally be a hilarious joke if it wasn't for the disturbing dictator like behavior and praise of right wing dictators like Putin. Someone who controls his country's media and those who don't support him have a habit of being dead. For all the "Obama broke the Constitution" crap the Tea Party believed, we have the scary chance of someone eviscerating our rights (except the second amendment, of course). Best case scenario is that if elected he gets impeached for being the most unconstitutional president ever, or at least is met with gridlock in congress to make sure he doesn't get a single one of his terrible ideas passed.

Among everything else, this is a battle to push back against the "alt-right." A euphemism for hateful little conspiracy theorists that any other time in human history would just be a bunch of idiots handing out pamphlets that would hopefully find their place in the nearest garbage can. The KKK has endorsed a candidate. That's something that shouldn't happen. We're essentially living part Batman Returns (the one where the Penguin runs for Mayor by making Batman look bad) and Manchurian Candidate. The behavior of Drumph and his backers simply cannot be rewarded. All we can do is sit back and hope decency beats out anger and fear, but anger and fear have won before.

That said, IF Hillary wins, the things we need to have happen are:

• A serious consideration of referring to hate groups like the KKK officially as terrorists. On the one hand, it does unfortunately legitimize them. But on the other hand, their actions have always been lockstep with what terrorism is. I'm not saying we do something about them beyond that, as government interaction is what they want, but we have to appreciate that terrorism isn't exclusive to the perversion of Middle Eastern religion. It's exclusive to perversion of all ideals.
  • We need to put in place some sort of law to prevent what happened under Drumph's campaign from ever happening again. At the very least, we need to find a way to block another country from having that much influence over our own citizens.
  • Someone needs to do something serious about campaign finance reform. What I'd hope is that if Hillary wins and Obama isn't quite the lame duck as he'd be otherwise to write one last executive action overturning "Citizen's United." Once we can get some money out of politics, we can have shorter, hopefully less nasty campaigns. Say what you will about this election, we'd still be bombarded with horrible, lying ads funded by rich snots that would rather toss their money into an election to gain influence instead of, I dunno...paying their employees a good wage? Making safer products?
  • And above all, we need to do something about hateful, inciting free speech that leads to radicalization. The internet has proven that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. We can't actually censor anything, as that's what they want. But we need a way to somehow suppress Alex Jones levels of hateful, insane rhetoric that riles up angry losers who are prone to believing anything that doesn't put them at fault for their own lives sucking. That's how ISIS recruits, that's how the KKK recruits. The only way to defeat hate is to starve it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think heralde would make an excellent lady president, since like Drtooth, she knows very well that both parties are flawed and that the American people are suffering as a result of the two spending too much time fighting amongst themselves and not for the betterment of our country.
You flatter me! :flirt:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'd vote for heralde for President (once you hit 35. House Rules). If someone deserves to be the first woman president, it should be someone with a clean slate.