When will The Muppet Show Seasons 4-5 and Muppets Tonight arrive on DVD?

MWoO

Reaction score
That was also 3 years ago and the Muppets had a TV show on the air. If they couldn't get them out then, I doubt they will get them out now. Short of a straight up Muppet Show reboot/revival I don't think we will see any major cash infused into the Muppets anytime soon.

The Muppets don't seem to be making Disney any real money. The last movie they had barely paid off production costs and didn't come close to paying off all the promotion they did. Disney tends to push movies that will get them billions and the Muppets don't even bring in millions. The 2011 movie played on sympathies, but didn't hold the audience. Plus it seemed to benefit from the holiday season with a cast of characters closely associated with that season.

I don't see Disney investing in anything major anytime soon, especially costly "DVD sets" which are a dying media anyway. Until the Muppets some how see a major come back that produces money nothing is going to happen. I fear this is why we haven't really heard anything about a show on the streaming service. No money from past productions to fund it and no plans for future productions that need to be pushed forward. I hope i get proved wrong.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That was also 3 years ago and the Muppets had a TV show on the air. If they couldn't get them out then, I doubt they will get them out now. Short of a straight up Muppet Show reboot/revival I don't think we will see any major cash infused into the Muppets anytime soon.

The Muppets don't seem to be making Disney any real money. The last movie they had barely paid off production costs and didn't come close to paying off all the promotion they did. Disney tends to push movies that will get them billions and the Muppets don't even bring in millions. The 2011 movie played on sympathies, but didn't hold the audience. Plus it seemed to benefit from the holiday season with a cast of characters closely associated with that season.

I don't see Disney investing in anything major anytime soon, especially costly "DVD sets" which are a dying media anyway. Until the Muppets some how see a major come back that produces money nothing is going to happen. I fear this is why we haven't really heard anything about a show on the streaming service. No money from past productions to fund it and no plans for future productions that need to be pushed forward. I hope i get proved wrong.
Before the 2011 movie Disney had no clue what to do with the Muppets. We are now back to that point.

Prof Bunsen

Reaction score
I don't see Disney investing in anything major anytime soon, especially costly "DVD sets" which are a dying media anyway.
I don't think DVD's are seriously dying out, but I get your point that the Muppets seem to be experiencing a(nother) fatigue when it comes to what Disney decides to do with them. They've received a few setbacks already, most recently Steve Whitmire's firing.

DMHFan

Reaction score
I don't think DVD's are seriously dying out, but I get your point that the Muppets seem to be experiencing a(nother) fatigue when it comes to what Disney decides to do with them. They've received a few setbacks already, most recently Steve Whitmire's firing.
Well there's news about a new Muppets series on the Disney streaming service. I wonder if it's still in development.

MWoO

Reaction score
Well there's news about a new Muppets series on the Disney streaming service. I wonder if it's still in development.
Unfortunately the last news release didn't even mention the Muppets. At the very least they should stream all of the Muppet content they have backlogged.

DMHFan

Reaction score
Unfortunately the last news release didn't even mention the Muppets. At the very least they should stream all of the Muppet content they have backlogged.
Including Muppets Tonight, The Jim Henson Hour, and all of The Muppet Show (1976-1981), including seasons 4 and 5, uncut or edited (for stuff that can't be cleared)? If so, that's a great idea.
P.S. The Disney streaming service is gonna be called "Disney+".