When did Link get a new outfit?

WiGgY

Reaction score
I came across this picture.

http://scarecroe.com/files/life_01_1280.jpg

And in this picture Link is in his PIS uniform, but it looks different. Even the logo is modern. It's also much darker and is very close to the color used on the Link action figure. He's also missing his gloves! When did this change happen and are there better pictures anywhere?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This image appears to be created after Jim Henson's death. I predict it's early 90s. I don't think Link had worn his trademark costume for well over a decade before that picture was taken. It was probably just thrown together for the photograph. It is different than the one on the show, but not remarkably so. I suppose it would be more expensive to build gloves just for a photo so they left them out. The likeness also looks a little shaky to me. Good observation! I've seen that image so many times and never picked that out.
:smile:

By the way. That is exactly what the Kermit poser should look like. Wish the one they use now looked more like that. :mad:

WiGgY

Reaction score
So this outfit wasn't seen before or after this photo was taken? It looks pretty cool and I hope Link is seen with it in the new muppet show. Of course I'd like the gloves to be added again. The more modern logo with the cool stars is great too.

WiGgY

Reaction score
All of those posers look cheap to me. It looks like they could crumble at any minute. The Chef is way off and Dr. Teeth looks weird. BTW, it looks like Link is missing his cape too.

I guess it's not good of me to pick apart this picture though. After all it is a tribute to jim Henson. Now I feel bad. :frown:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Now I feel bad. :frown:
*Smacks back of Wiggy's hand then runs away!*

I like the look of the original costume for PIS better than the ones used in MT.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
So Jim Henson was a cartoon when Ernie was born............. :embarrassed:

*ducks*

radionate

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
All of those posers look cheap to me.
Most likely that's because most of those aren't poser, but more likely are the actually puppets which were in storage had hadn't been used for quite some time.

WiGgY

Reaction score
radionate said:
Most likely that's because most of those aren't poser, but more likely are the actually puppets which were in storage had hadn't been used for quite some time.
How could that be? They'd have to be held up by someone, plus they all look like posers and not puppets. The puppets look better.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I think they could be the puppets. If they wanted to they could of got the one performer to hold each one up u know. Even they could of got Jane his Ex-wife to hold up Old Kermit and Son to hold up Kermit the frog. We won't ever find out though but its fun to imagin that. *thought bubble appears over head* Ahhhhhhhh, how cool. :smile: