What's your Favourite Cameo?

Warldorf

Reaction score
Movies such as "The Muppet movie", "The Muppets Take Manhattan", "The Muppets Chrismas Carol" and the new movie especially, "The Muppets" had many guest stars. But which one was the best? Hmm... Well, what's your favourite?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's really hard, hmm. There's a ton of cameos that I like just as actors. But if I had to judge just by pure favorite cameo appearance, a lot of them would probably be from MTM, since I grew up with that movie and it's part of the reason I love New York. I like Liza Minelli (entering with David Lazer I believe?) thinking she's been replaced by a frog at Sardi's, lol. Joan Rivers is really funny in her scene with Piggy. And it's always nice for a cameo to be topical, like Mayor Ed Koch's, hehe (though of course Gonzo really makes that moment too with his reaction, lol).

In TMM, people like Richard Pryor and James Coburn do a lot with a few seconds, which is what a cameo should be. :smile:

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Well, there are two that I can think of off hand. The first one is from "The Muppets Take Manhattan" (it really in all technicality isn't a cameo, but all the same...), the cameo is Gates McFadden (She played Dr. Beverly Crusher in Star Trek: The Next Generation, a series that I love!!) appeared as the secretary of the first person that the Muppets encounter (I forget his name) on their quest to sell their play. The other one is from the new movie "The Muppets", the cameo is Whoopi Goldberg (she was also on Star Trek: The Next Generation as Guinan).

Hubert

Reaction score
Hmm, that's a tough one. It would probably have to be from the most awesome movie of all time, The Muppet Movie. Bob Hope, Milton Berle, and Steve Martin especially.
The other one is from the new movie "The Muppets", the cameo is Whoopi Goldberg (she was also on Star Trek: The Next Generation as Guinan).
After the first time she worked with the Muppets, I quit enjoying her cameos.
The British Correspondent said it best:
TBC said:
We do not know whether or not Amy Adams will be in the movie, although we can make almost a 50/50 guess that Whoopi Goldberg probably will be.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I think Steve Martin's the all-time best, but I have a lot of affection for Peter Falk's scene in Caper.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I know he's not a guest star technically but he'll always be a celebrity to me... but mine is Jim Henson in GMC. :jim: