What's wrong with YesterdayLand?

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
Weeeeee!!!
I'm a member on YL! (~sango~ on year 1984)

I didn't experience any problems on the site, but they did do a re-vamp of the site, I guess to fix all the problems that were happening on it for you and other PPL...hrm.

Man, I just LOVE Yesterdayland! It's such a great site! So is x-entertainment.com!

::explodes::

ssetta

Reaction score
That didn't seem to do it. I think there's something between AOL and the web site that is keeping me from logging on.

dwmckim

Reaction score
ssetta

I know your Sesame Unpaved petition has had some mixed reactions, but trust me - STICK WITH IT!

A petition for a CTW channel would be truly misguided and would tend to really make a lot of sincere efforts (like the Unpaved petition) look bad. The reason being that something like starting up a network takes an INCREDIBLE amount of money, time, planning - it's a multi-figure investment. Not something that's going to happen because of a petition.

Keeping a show from being cancelled however is a VERY appropriate venue for a petition ... it shows a programmer the kind of information they should be taking into consideration when they make such decisions; how much support a particular program has. Does that mean that the Noggin people will notice or if they do that it will be the main factor in their decisions? No guarantees. However, the possibility of it having a positive effect that has the realistic potential of making a difference is a good one. Don't get discouraged. You're providing an avenue for those who think that cancelling Unpaved is one of the worst programming decisions Noggin could make.

ssetta

Reaction score
I personally think the program director made a bad decision. Because those shows are absolutely timeless, same with all their other vintage CTW shows, and even 123 Sesame Street from Season 25. I think it all has a very educational value, unlike today's modern kids' shows. Maybe they wouldn't have it on as much, but at least sometimes. Who knows, maybe after all, they'll decide not to take it off after all, or maybe that program director would even leave. But anyway, I do agree. All those vintage shows should stay on.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by dwmckim
You're providing an avenue for those who think that cancelling Unpaved is one of the worst programming decisions Noggin could make.
Exactly. I know they (CTW) needed a partner (Nick), but let's face it. It's just another Nick channel. All they show are the lame "Clarissa" shows they stopped showing in the late 90's becaue no one was watching them, and the same tired Nick Jr. shows seen on countless other Nick cable channels (and CBS). All that's left is Sesame Too (or 1-2-3, if you prefer).

***** Nick!!!!!!!