What year did you begin to loose interest in the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I forget when, sometime in the 90's... I definitely had problems with the Tickle Me Elmo stuff. I watched sporadically in 1993 with my baby sister (who was born in 1990)... I gave it up on it completely about 94 or so...I think I fell back on it just before I hit college, and I watched it from time to time. Even with the EW stuff, I still watch the new episodes when they air.

FrogInTheGlen

Reaction score
I would guess it was sometime in the early 90's. I have three younger siblings, though, so it was on in the house long after I'd techinically outgrown it.

superboober

Reaction score
I basically started drifting away around 1990-1991 or so (around 3rd-4th grade), for reasons even I can't fully explain; maybe after 8-9 years I was looking for something else, or maybe I was convinced it wouldn't survive losing Jim. I don't really know. There was a brief renaissance period in the mid 90s for me, but then I drifted again, although I still drop by every now and then just to see what it's like; as noted elsewhere in the Muppetverse, you cannot leave the magic, period. :smirk:

Soul H

Reaction score
I totally lost interest when Elmo's World made it's debut. :frown:

Crazy31088

Reaction score
I've always watched it on and off, but in 1996-97, I would say I watched (and taped) it consistently. After that season, I kind of slowly lost track of the show, but now and then I still tune in to this day.

jonnytbird

Reaction score
Like Soul H, I too started disliking it when Elmo's World came on like almost 10 years ago. I didn't get the passion of S.S. like I have now until Noggin started showing the old classic episodes. Then I lost my passion again when Noggin took them down. That wasn't until 2006, when youtube was just on the scene and users like sawing14s and Nanto posted classic S.S. clips that I've never seen before. Nowadays, I watch the new stuff just to see what's going on. But they certainly can't beat the classics.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Never really lost interest in the show, even after I was considered too old for it or things like school and life got n the way. But even though I liked many of the episode during this time, I did start losing interest somtimes around season 30-33 and although I was initially in 33, It really started getting old fast. Before season 30 I had noticed a spark was missing, but it had totally died out by that time. although in some ways I could tell they were trying to get it back. Really do love season 32, and by 33 it just didn't even feel anythign like the same show. But I really thought that they redeemed themselves by season 34 and I have seem nothing but improvements sense than. It's really been up and down, you know? I mean season 35 had it's moment. hat show can get old and boring at times. That was something the show never used to get watching it. I mean who here was worn out by sesno 36 and their healthy initiative? I thought 37 was a big improve met over that. And although it was it's faults, I do think in a lot of ways it has gotten better every season consistently sense it went down hill in the quality department. Now days I still think it is a good show, but I say you just have to take the good with the bad...

Lisa Faye

Reaction score
I basically stopped watching around the time Snuffy was seen sleepwalking by, I think it may have been David. And Big Bird told him "What an imagination."
By that time, I was getting into older classes, and was dealing with more things.
I came back when I saw a special on A&E regarding a Hurricane on Sesame Street. Curious, I watched it all week, as it took up five airing slots. I had found a lot had changed since I had stopped watching. Including Elmo's World.
Hurricane on Sesame Street was released to DVD, but they cut a lot out of it. I was hoping for the entirety of it. :frown:
I only stopped watching after that due to the fact I moved out of my parents house, and we don't have cable where I am. :frown:

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I had stopped watching it sometime in grade school, but honestly have no idea when or why. It just happened I guess.

I'd rewatch (and still do until I can get a copy of that SE dvd that's due to be released) Follow that Bird whenever I noticed it was on, and even watched Cinderelmo when it aired on tv when I was 13 (I couldn't resist).

I'm just kind of rediscovering it now (which may be strange for a 22 year old woman with no kids to be doing, but who cares!)

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Probably around Kindergarden since I didn't get to watch it as much. Though I still enjoyed watching the SS I remembered through the years on VHS or DVD. Not so much the newer stuff.
I agree. Once I was in like year 1 I didn't have time to watch it anymore, but I saw it periodically since then. Until year 4 When Jim Henson's other works were introduced to me via an awesome teacher and I became a Fan again, getting back into all of 'em, even Sesame.