What was the last DVD you bought and why?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Toy Story and Toy Story 3 3D Blu-rays - I've been meaning to buy these for a while because my family actually does own a 3D TV, but I had to wait till I got a paycheck that could justify spending $65 on these two. I previously owned the toy box trilogy box set which you shouldn't buy because it's a huge waste of space and am buying the 3D Blu-rays to replace them. I'm buying Toy Story 2 next paycheck I get with A Bug's Life in tow so I can finally complete my Pixar collection (well, every Pixar movie except a certain automobile sequel that came out last summer...). Then there's upgrading the Pixar movies I already have to Blu-ray. I'm such a dork. :fanatic:

I also recently bought...

Flushed Away - Got a fullscreen copy of this in my Easter basket the year this movie came out, never opened it due to a pan-and-scan job and sold it on eBay two years later after hiding it for so long. Found it in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart and couldn't resist buying it.

The Iron Giant: Special Edition - Also in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart. Wanted this one for a while since it's the one good WB Feature Animation film, totally worth $5. I still have the VHS somewhere but I can't play it due to my lack of VCR. :embarrassed:

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
I think the last DVD I that I got was Season Two of The Muppet Show. :smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Howard the Duck- I've been on a bad movie kick for some strange reason. This is like the all time best worst movies.

Angry Beavers season 3 part one- found a used copy for cheap, so I had to get it. Loved the 90s nick toons.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Doctor Who: Resurrection of the Daleks - Umm...yeah, that.

Fun and Fancy Free - It's one I've been trying to find for a while now (ever since my VHS copy went wonky).

muppetlover123

Reaction score
last dvd i bought was Great Muppet caper its because i needed it for my muppet collection

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
A Bug's Life and Toy Story 2 Blu-rays - I want to complete my Pixar collection even though these DVDs are taking forever to ship due to a credit card problem. Might have to cancel and order it again and later tonight I am buying...

The long-assumed out-of-print DVD that's been going for insane prices on Amazon and I had a now-broken-and-lost VHS copy back in the day, it turns out nowadays is available again through the distributor online for a great price. A great way to see Jim Henson's early years legally on DVD if you ask me.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Hugo - Pretty good movie. But I just bought it because I have been wanting something to watch.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Not a real DVD set, but I just ordered the complete Jim Henson Hour for our old buddy KermiClown.