What Muppets scared you as a child?

lili

Reaction score
what a trip down memory lane!!

when i was little, i had real trouble sleeping, and used to listen to audio cassettes to help me drop off. and of course i had a sesame street tape, with lots of great songs and skits on it, but there was this one bit, half way through side 2, where they did that skit with grover and the stairs (i think a couple of people have mentioned it already) and the bit where he falls down just made me go spare. the thing is, i never saw it on sesame street, just heard him tumbling down. when it used to come on i would scream out for my mum to come and fast forward through it.

i think the only other thing that really scared me was the music from 'The Bill' (note for americans: british cop show, very tame, popular with grannies).

:eek:

Swedish_Cheff

Reaction score
not one. I didn`t scare that quick from muppets.

But that Big Mamma... And I found ( I don`t know why ) Thog very scary in the Alice Cooper episode. In the School`s Out sketch you can see him unused quite good. He runs over to the other side, and you see his costume unpiloted. thats fun.

Bert... he scares me too. :frown:

and Piggy`s look in MIS ( Muppets In Space ) OMG she was scary. :mad:

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Swedish_Cheff said:
not one. I didn`t scare that quick from muppets.

But that Big Mamma... And I found ( I don`t know why ) Thog very scary in the Alice Cooper episode. In the School`s Out sketch you can see him unused quite good. He runs over to the other side, and you see his costume unpiloted. thats fun.

Bert... he scares me too. :frown:

and Piggy`s look in MIS ( Muppets In Space ) OMG she was scary. :mad:
I thought she was even scarier in The Muppet Movie,when she came to Kermit's rescue in the barn with her famous karate chops.The way her eyes looked just freaked me out. :mad:

fozziecub

Reaction score
When i was little and watching the muppet show a chartacter made recurring appearances that as a kid freaked me out and i had nasty nite mares for year

she was pink and had a giant triangle shaped nose, aaarrgghhh!!!!
dont know her name but finally got over it , once again aaarghhh!!!

rowf2755

Reaction score
jediX said:
Speaking of eating, when Kermit got hauled away by Yorick ALWAYS freaked me out.
Can I See A Picture Of Yorick?

Pug Lover

Reaction score
fozziecub said:
When i was little and watching the muppet show a chartacter made recurring appearances that as a kid freaked me out and i had nasty nite mares for year

she was pink and had a giant triangle shaped nose, aaarrgghhh!!!!
dont know her name but finally got over it , once again aaarghhh!!!
That sounds very much like something that happened to me as a child.Though in my situation,it wasn't a muppet,nor in any relation to muppets.But in the early till mid 1970s,my childhood days,a blonde lady in brown leotards was regularly seen on labels of Canada Dry Gingerale.For some strange reason,I had nasty nightmares of her on three occasions. :mad:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
The Muppets that scared me as a child...

*The Muppet Show Monsters(they don't scare me anymore)

When I first saw Animal Jam,Bozark the Elephant sorta creeped me out.But he doesn't scare me anymore.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
My scary muppets

:embarrassed: Hi there! Here are some of my scary monster moments,that frightened me out of my skin as a child:

1)Monster from skit "You are my sunshine",that says,'hugger bugger'.That voice & presence sent chills up my spine.
2)Phantom of the Muppet Show,seemed very scary at the time.
3)Most of the Koozbanians,weird looks and voices.
4)Sweetums with his glowing eyes in The Frog Prince,scarred me for a longgggg time(singing polly wolly froggy,get a mighty...).
5)The appliances that came to life in the muppet skit(man watching news about it).
6)Thog,for some reason,I guess because of its height.
7)Most muppet monsters,for their looks & sounds.
8)Muppets during Alice Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare sketch.
9)The Jabborwock,for its design;now appreciate it.
10)Fizzgig,when it first pops out of the hole.
11)Most Skeksis.
12)Poddlings,when they got there 'escence' drained from them.
13)Monster in the Gloworm sketch(Kermit hums Gloworm,pulls on worm,& worm is actually monster's nose).
14)Monster that ate muppet in 'I got you under my skin' skit,song and monster together creaped me out.
14)Don't know if this can be considered,but the Vendaface weirded me out too.
15)Taminella from Muppetland The Frog Prince,::shivering::.

That's all I can think of for now. :sleep:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Another Scary Muppet

:embarrassed: Hi again.Just had an epiphany on 2 more muppet/puppets that scared me as a kid. One was Yorick from Sam & Friends.He was very silent,almost stalking the other puppets.I watched one skit from Ed Sullivan.Kermit was wearing a wig,lip synching a song,when up pops Yorick,going after Kermit.Kermit starts getting scared of Yorick,hitting it,Yorick starts chewing on Kermits arm. :eek:

Another one is a red monster(appeared also in C is for Cookie song,at the ensemble end),it was in a skit where it started of tiny & grew & grew,getting gigantic.Gave me the willies. :frown: