What made you think today?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Thinking it would be amusing and possibly a little introspective/useful to do a Tarot spread tonight; I haven't in a while. I have a Halloween deck but was too braindead to bother with it last night.

Thinking I have tomorrow OFF for the first time in a few weeks. Woohoo! Stay up all night, make chai scones and gingerbread tea, write like heck and sleep in!
-------------

Slackbot

Reaction score
After almost a year of being unable to download updates, and my being unable to convince it to start updating by going into the control panel and changing the settings, my computer has regained the ability to update itself. Bwuh? To make it weirder, for a while my computer was not wanting to boot into Windows properly after I updated the MS security software. (YES, the official software, not no stoopid malware.) I scanned it in Safe Mode and found no uglies, and now it's working again for some reason, and it has started downloading all those missed updates. As I'm on dialup, that's gonna take a looooong time.

Still, what kept it from updating itself for so long, and what fixed it?

Vincent L

Reaction score
After almost a year of being unable to download updates, and my being unable to convince it to start updating by going into the control panel and changing the settings, my computer has regained the ability to update itself. Bwuh? To make it weirder, for a while my computer was not wanting to boot into Windows properly after I updated the MS security software. (YES, the official software, not no stoopid malware.) I scanned it in Safe Mode and found no uglies, and now it's working again for some reason, and it has started downloading all those missed updates. As I'm on dialup, that's gonna take a looooong time.

Still, what kept it from updating itself for so long, and what fixed it?
The alignment of celestial objects that only happen once a century.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
Thinking: My own fallibility has spun me into a dizzying whirlwind of self-doubt. I seem to follow the same pattern of crushes EVERY SINGLE TIME despite the fact that it has, each one of those times, led to nothing good. I'm talking about actual feelings based on personal interactions, not "oh-I-like-this-actor" stuff.

Ack. I will not succumb to this again. I am rational d--it! I am rational! Aaaaaa!

--------------

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
My philosophy homework. This isn't philosophy...this is weird math -_-

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I'm reading a book about a guy in the future living under a corrupt government, who has way too much power. He doesn't even think anything is wrong with the government, and thinks his life is great. Stories like these always make me wonder if that's true with our lives.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm reading a book about a guy in the future living under a corrupt government, who has way too much power. He doesn't even think anything is wrong with the government, and thinks his life is great. Stories like these always make me wonder if that's true with our lives.
1984?

Actually...wait...no...the guy hated his life :/

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
No, it's called Clockwork Angels. It's a Rush book. XD (Of course :stick_out_tongue:) It came out last year. I've read portions of 1984, I gotta finish that sometime.

It's interesting because he just thinks it's normal life.