What made you think today?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is one of the main reasons I'm glad, in hindsight, that I never went to college, university, trade school, vocational school, whatever - even though I actually grew up during a time where if you went to college and got your degrees, that was almost a guarantee you'll end up in a decent job in your chosen career field . . . not so. I honestly don't know of anyone my age or generation who went to college, and got work in the field they chose - let alone a decent job, period.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
You know what made me think today?

Just the fact that pretty much I wasted my time going to college to get two degrees in digital media productions and I probably have no chances anymore to continue building it.

Sorry for sounding negative but I’m just upset with myself tonight.
No chances? Why not? Maybe there just aren't enough jobs in the field in your particular city. Maybe consider saving up to move someplace where it's much likelier to find work suited to your degrees? Job markets change. For instance, my bro-in-law moved from CA to CO and now to WI: he's a games programmer. And found an indie company in Madison doing the work he enjoys. If you're not finding anything available in your area, broaden your search.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
This is one of the main reasons I'm glad, in hindsight, that I never went to college, university, trade school, vocational school, whatever - even though I actually grew up during a time where if you went to college and got your degrees, that was almost a guarantee you'll end up in a decent job in your chosen career field . . . not so. I honestly don't know of anyone my age or generation who went to college, and got work in the field they chose - let alone a decent job, period.
It affects other things, though. My company hires almost no one without a degree; and even though this is the first office job I've ever worked, I was able to completely bypass the usual career track and go right into a more intensive department due to my degree and literacy level.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Getting your dream job might not be possible right away. But there are plenty of decent jobs you can only get with some kind of a degree. I think, it's wise to get a not so cool job, get the experience and more financial mobility, so that it becomes easier later on to make a living off of what you truly enjoy.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
No chances? Why not? Maybe there just aren't enough jobs in the field in your particular city. Maybe consider saving up to move someplace where it's much likelier to find work suited to your degrees? Job markets change. For instance, my bro-in-law moved from CA to CO and now to WI: he's a games programmer. And found an indie company in Madison doing the work he enjoys. If you're not finding anything available in your area, broaden your search.
Nah, I feel that. I’ve had those thoughts if the time ever comes. Honestly I was in an awful mood when I wrote that but have thankfully found some more oppurtinies in my area that I’m applying for.

But no, if it ever does get to that point, I might move to NY. I’d try Cali too if it wasn’t so **** hot up there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just recently learned that Freeform, the successor to ABC Family, a Christian network, will be airing FAMILY GUY now, which I thought was absolutely crazy, but then I got to thinking: why should this even surprise me at all? After all, even way back when, ABC Family would air all kinds of teen dramas full of gay and lesbian sex - followed by the ol' fart Pat Robertson complaining about the "gay mafia" trying to take over the world. So, yeah, nothing real surprising here.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
That show is going to look really out of place on there.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly, work at JC Penny’s was so boring today that I literally day dreamed my alternative quintent of characters from my original work, A Group of Five, dancing to the electro music playing.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Honestly, work at JC Penny’s was so boring today that I literally day dreamed my alternative quintent of characters from my original work, A Group of Five, dancing to the electro music playing.

What do you do at JC Penny's?