What made you roll your eyes today thread?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If aliens, dogs and cats are so offensive, what would be suitable names to replace them with? And then how are you going to re-condition society just because something offends your delicate sensibilities?

Some snowflake got offended at traffic signs.
They used to say WALK/ DON’T WALK, but somehow that was deemed offensive to those who didn’t speak English.

The new traffic sign for WALK is a white figure against a black background. Now that is deemed racist. White supremacy.
It was designed that way because the white figure shows up against the black background the best. Color contrast at its most effective.

If every little thing offends you, you either need thicker skin or realize not everyone will cave in to your demands.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
You mean “They were just looking for an excuse to get clout”, right?

But yeah, I’m fairly certain term “alien” was used to describe things from other planets before it was used for people from other countries.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The honest truth, as someone with a feminine side myself while still personally choosing to identify as a man and has plenty of good non-binary friends, there are some folks out there I can personally tell just want to identity as non-binary as a way to gain more attention. Demi easily fits that category.

I’m respectful to those who do genuinely feel that way and I do wish them all the best. However, I have seen some people (some personally in my life) who just do this as a way to “fit in” to a crowd they’re trying too hard to please. Demi has a history of changing thoughts and beliefs way too easily, very often just a way to get clout attention.

This is gonna be a controversial video but personally this is honestly how I feel about Demi coming out “non-binary:”

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Up until yesterday I didn’t even know (or care) who Demi Levato was.
some of her musings seemed bizarre. Freaking out at a froyo shop because of the sign “sugar free” triggered her into hysteria.

Sweetheart, labeling items sugar free is for the benefit of 30 million diabetics like me.
Get over yourself.

she’s the biggest narcissist I’ve seen in some time.

Whether she identifies herself as trans now has no bearing on me. But her personality makes me wonder how sincere she is. Because the first time she gets called on it, she’ll wail about how big a victim she is.

Up until five minutes ago, there have been thousands of UFO sightings. (Almost as many Elvis sightings too). But most are dismissed as redneck backwoods hicks without a shred of credibility . BillyJoeJimBob got drunk on moonshine and a spaceship from Uranus landed in the swamp. But Demi’s claims are to be taken as gospel.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly.

Her music isn’t bad but I can NOT stand her as a person. If anything I have a good feeling she’ll probably hop back on to being a woman in a few years once she doesn’t get the attention she wants anymore.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There’s something about it that rubs me the wrong way. I’m still trying to understand how people identify as trans in the first place. It also raises my eyebrows how many get extremely defensive if you don’t respect their pronouns. I can accept that, but some change their pronouns from one day to the next. There are over a million who identify as trans now, but for the majority of people this is a new thing to try to understand. And there are no ground rules. Today it may be thee/them. Tomorrow it may become see/zen. So help me for not keeping up with you.

And maybe my perception is wrong, but a lot of celebrities seem so phony. Or full of themselves. Maybe she had some hits, and be more famous than I’ll ever be, but I don’t think I’d want her at my house.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m all for what people want to do with their lives in the end. I understand some people come out non-binary or trans depending on how they feel mentally. What bothers me however is when people use their status of who they are as a person or their pronouns as a way to act self-entitled regardless if the person was purposely trying to get under their skin or not. As a bisexual man, sure, I’ve faced discrimination for my sexuality and it has annoyed me, but I don’t let it determine who I am in the end cause truth is, not everyone will understand you. It’s a part of life.

Then there’s a case of those who just make these claims to get attention. I have seen it with many celebs and have seen it personally in my life, too.