What made you roll your eyes today thread?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And now we're getting a reality show about... newscasters. Yep.

And scary enough, the meteorologist looks like Steve Carell.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm finally starting to get tired of the daily error messages and other notifications I get from my browser all the time: "Internet explorer has stopped working," (which I'm sure is mainly due to the fact that I'm technically using an outdated version - 10), "Speed up your browser by disabling add-ons." (This one makes no sense, because almost all of my add-ons are disabled).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Only on Fox could a woman say that with a straight face.
UGH. I didn't want to play this card, but... on that subject, the whole Brian Williams thing. Just...the whole Brian Williams thing. He basically told a freaking Commander McBragg story, and now the very same people who lie and manipulate are salivating over the fact that they can now hypocritically persecute someone for a tall tale that affects no one. Essentially the instigators of a war based entirely on lies and manipulation, worse than the politicians did back then, mind you, are complaining about a freaking unreliable narrator who romanticized events.

The "news" network that does nothing but spread deceit and insane conspiracy theories is gleefully chowing down on the career of someone who they don't agree with, all the while saying every single kid's movie ever made is turning kids into gay communists and terrorist without actually seeing the movie. YET don't you dare say anything about American Sniper being the theme park version of said war that actually engages in the same lies (even though the director was against it) or American Patriotism and freedom is under attack.

So the moral of the story is, telling a Daffy Duck/Commander McBrag/Link Hogthrob type unreliable hero narrative is a horrible miscarriage of trust and justice, but lying, cheating, manipulating, warmongering, bilespewing, fear spreading, and emasculating is a proven and trusted way to deliver news with no consequences ever.

Oh, and remember to never let your kid ever see a movie, otherwise you can't instill in the same crooked values old bitter people collect watching overpaid blowhards manufacture. That stuff just shouldn't be able to die out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Remember back when we had the misfortune of having to deal with Michelle Bachmann in the lime light, she went on record saying that kids shouldn't watch THE LION KING because the music was done by a gay man (Sir Elton John fer cryin' out loud)?

Drtooth

Reaction score
For supposedly Freedom loving crusaders, they sure veer disturbingly close to fascism. Nice to know they're making Freudian Slips all over the place.

I mean, the Lego Movie's evil because Lord Business looked a little like Mitt Romney (or, you know, Will Ferrel who the character's supposed to be...or J. Jonah Jameson who's Lego figure has the same hair piece, a bunch of other guys since Lego men don't have very distinct features), yet never criticize American Sniper, which they took to be pro-war propaganda even after they decried liberals who claimed the same thing.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
UGH. I didn't want to play this card, but... on that subject, the whole Brian Williams thing. Just...the whole Brian Williams thing. He basically told a freaking Commander McBragg story, and now the very same people who lie and manipulate are salivating over the fact that they can now hypocritically persecute someone for a tall tale that affects no one. Essentially the instigators of a war based entirely on lies and manipulation, worse than the politicians did back then, mind you, are complaining about a freaking unreliable narrator who romanticized events.
I think people are making a huge deal about Brian Williams because it's enjoyable for some to see a career crash and burn in the public eye. No doubt other news agencies, be it Fox or CNN or ABC, are delighting in seeing a competitor get raked over the coals. They can cover it in discussions of "trustworthiness" and "respectability", but it's schaedenfreude.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I really don't think Williams deserves 6 months suspension without pay just because he exaggerated some things a little bit, especially considering all the crap other supposedly respected news sources get away with.