What made you roll your eyes today thread?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm watching the Loony Tunes show and they had Lola was singing a song about "presidents" day. None of them were presidents. What it supposed to funny?
You forget something: they made her an awkwardly stupid (or stupidly awkward, whichever you prefer) character for this new show. I think Kristen Wiig now voicing her for some reason may have something to do with it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
FINALLY Brad and Angelina are getting married... yeah, if they really loved each other, they would've done it long ago... it's kind of pitiful their kids had to keep pressuring them into tying the knot for years... how often do kids have more scruples then their parents?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
FINALLY Brad and Angelina are getting married... yeah, if they really loved each other, they would've done it long ago... it's kind of pitiful their kids had to keep pressuring them into tying the knot for years... how often do kids have more scruples then their parents?
Well I can't speak for them but some couples do manage to stay together for many years but not make it "official."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well I can't speak for them but some couples do manage to stay together for many years but not make it "official."
Yes, but "making it official" means you take it seriously, and you do genuinely love each other... people can say, "Oh, we don't need a ring or a piece of paper with our names on it to prove we love each other", no, that just proves that you're lazy, and don't want to put any effort into a real relationship.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes, but "making it official" means you take it seriously, and you do genuinely love each other... people can say, "Oh, we don't need a ring or a piece of paper with our names on it to prove we love each other", no, that just proves that you're lazy, and don't want to put any effort into a real relationship.
It can sometimes mean a fear of commitment, or wanting to be able to get out of said relationship easily without owing the partner anything, this is true. But in other cases people are simply unconventional.

kyunkyua

Reaction score
This kid that rides the taxi home from school with me always yells in my ear if I don't open the door and put the seat up fast enough (and it's NEVER fast enough). Today I finally told him to shut up...so he gave me the finger. I swear, he is such a brat! I don't get why my sister likes him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
THIS!

Who are they trying to kid? I mean, really, I rode through Alabama on a road trip to the Florida panhandle... you talk about literally driving through miles upon miles of absolute nothingness! It was really eerie, nothing around you but road and trees, and any town you did happen upon was like those little rinky-dink rustic towns like you see on TV... I mean if you were to break down or run out of gas while driving through Alabama, you'd just as well be stranded on a desert island with no boat.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Who are they trying to kid? I mean, really, I rode through Alabama on a road trip to the Florida panhandle... you talk about literally driving through miles upon miles of absolute nothingness! It was really eerie, nothing around you but road and trees, and any town you did happen upon was like those little rinky-dink rustic towns like you see on TV... I mean if you were to break down or run out of gas while driving through Alabama, you'd just as well be stranded on a desert island with no boat.
I lived in Montgomery for 6 years. Yep. Scary state. My ex was an auditor for Medicaid and often on the road to those tiny towns... He told me about one where they actually had (in the early '90s) signs up at the edge of town which said "No Coloreds After Dark." Seriously.

I know this was Georgia, but still, when I had to drive long distances at night in that state, I'd have the theme from "Deliverance" playing in my head...
----------------