What is your greatest Sesame Street memory?

BabyScooter

Reaction score
what is you greatest sesame street memory?

mine is when ernie sings somebody come and play.

don't know why lol but I used to cry at that part.

lol.:stick_out_tongue: :frown:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ernie taking Bert's nose, closely followed by Oscar singing I Love Trash.

dwmckim

Reaction score
The Subway Song (was SO happy this was on the recent box set!)

Ernie/Bert: Rhyming Game (you can always tell a major Muppet fan, because they'll burst out laughing when you yell out in your best Bert voice: "Hey there lamp, that's a nice shade!....you!")

Ernie tries to take a picture of his cupcake pyramid (even though they were more like brownies, Ernie referred to them as cupcakes and Cookie: "Oohh...cup-ee-cakes!")

Ernie/Bert(and Oscar!): a banana as a chocolate ice cream decoy

News Flash: Little Miss Muffet and her crunchy granola. ("Heeeeey, Miss Muffet - I've come to frighten you aw-ay-ee!" "Sorry, Charlie us little girls aren't frightened of spiders anymore.")

Grover sells Kermit earmuffs ("I told you, FROGS DON'T HAVE EARS!" (smugly:smile: "We hear anyway.")

Biff in the museum with Salavdor Dada ("I call zis one Cheecken Zoup")

Surprise Song - 70's song sung by street cast that just kept going in all sorts of crazy directions - lots of pie in the face gags, opening doors to find brick walls, Super Grover pops up here and there, ends with the entire cast singing "SUR-PRISE" and what looks to be a flower on Big Bird's chest (like he was wearing it as a label decor) turns out to be a pie that throws itself at the camera.

All Don Music sketches. I fully admit to being one of the kids who loved to imitate his head banging NEVER NEVER NEVERS!

Bert/Ernie in bed - counting sheep, fire engines, and balloons - love the way Bert's nose waggles back and forth when he wakes up screaming.

Bert takes Maria for a pretend airplane ride ("Watch out for the tree - look out for the cloud!") Bert looked both so cool and so silly in his aviator goggles..loved Maria's kiss on Bert's nose at the end.

Bert's twin brother Bart HUZZAH HUZZAH HUZZAH! ("Ooh - I'm aghast!" "No no you live here - I'M a guest! Wah Wah Wah!")

Waiter Grover - big hamburger or little hamburger. I always think of this sketch when i see the mini burgers at Denny's.

Anything Muppets - dullard reviews shapes with funkster who keeps turning topic toward guitars ("Now do you know what a square is?" "I know WHO a square is!")

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I think I've said this before, but mine is definitely the Cooperation Makes it Happen song.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Man, oh man, oh man. :smile: There are so many. I enjoyed reading dwmckim's list - it had many of the same classics that I like as well. I don't have one "favorite", but one skit that often comes to mind is the Ernie and Bert skit where Ernie wants to take Bert's bowling ball along for his bath. That one stands out because I did a cartoon drawing of it when I was 7 or so. I also did one of the "Big Hamburger" skit with Grover. The same collection also includes some Underdog adventures and some drawings of the shark from "Jaws." :smile: I never actually got to see the movie (until years later), but there he was. So I guess those stand out because they were included in many of the things I was thinking about at the time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Meeting Carol Spinney. Nothing else on the show, no matter how great it was couldn't top it.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Going to the Smithsonian Institute in 1979 and seeing a re-creation of the SESAME STREET set along an entire wall.

They had the brownstone, Big Bird's nest, Oscar's trash can, the mailbox, the lamppost....

It was a 10th anniversary exhibit. I still have pics of me next to the lamppost.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
The Original clip of Kermit singing "Bein' Green" in the swamp and the guest appearances of R2D2 and C3PO would have to be mine. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I still get a lump in my throat when I hear "Bein' Green"...my favorite song ever.