What is the best fleece to use besides antron fleece?

ma0298

Reaction score
My title sums up the question :What is the best fleece to use besides antron fleece?
I am wondering because I've found a couple different fleeces at fabric stores and now I just wonder which one would be the best I know that anti-pill fleece is probably the worse for hiding seams, but what is the best fleece to use besides Antron ?

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Anti pill fleece can hide seams just as well as antron. You just need some patience, tight stitches and more patience :smile:

Here is a seam hidden with anti pill fleece during one of my builds.. The seam runs left to right and ive left the middle bit to compare..

ma0298

Reaction score
What stitch did you use there? Or did you use a machine? I really thought that anti pill fleece would not hide seams because it doesn't pill. Does blizzard fleece work that well to?

Muppetlab

Reaction score
That one was a whip-stitch. Any fleece that has fibers will work.

Like i said, just takes a lot of patience :smile:

ma0298

Reaction score
What is the best way to pick the fleece so that it hides the seam? I've tried with polar fleece and it looked terrible

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Just be gentle with it. Only pick the fibers that are trapped in the seam. If your rough with it or over pick them it will look bad.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I usually use polar fleece from throw blankets and stuff. I've been told it's terrible for puppet but that all depends on how you sew it. If you try to Henson stitch it it turns out awful but if you do a light whipstich then it turns out just fine. Here is my newest puppet and I'll admit I probably should have used a different colour thread which make the seam visible but once I dress the puppet he will look much better