what if there was MC in the late 80's?

beaker

Reaction score
lately Ive been wondering...what if we had MC in the late 80's? While my interest for all things Muppets and JHC has been high since I was little, it was in the late 80's when I became the super hardcore fan I am today. I think alot of us would have been 10-15 or slightly older/younger than that, but just think...what would it been like if the net was around(well they had bbs systems) for commercial use and there was a primitive form of muppet central?
the last great muppet golden year with all of us eager young kids on there. hmmm...interesting what a decade or more perspective will bring!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
The cancellation of the Jim Henson Hour, the Disney merger (at a point when there were no previous relationships or hardships), and of course Jim Henson's death. It really WOULD'VE been an interesting time.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah maybe we can have a retro night one time and post as if it were those times on those topics - it would be wierd to put yourself in that situation and see what you'd say.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>The cancellation of the Jim Henson Hour, the Disney merger,<<<

um, thats why I said in 'the late 80's, not early 90's...a virtual nightmare for fans. 1989 was the last great muppet year...im hoping 2003 will be the beginning of a new glory.

personally, after 1990 it wasnt til about 1996 for me, and i think a lot of people that we didnt get back hardcore into muppetdom.
i mean sheesh, it was until 1993 after 1989 that jhc barley begun to find some semblence of hope.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Yeah maybe we can have a retro night one time and post as if it were those times on those topics - it would be wierd to put yourself in that situation and see what you'd say<<<

that would be interesting! 1989, my favorite year ever.

cory: 'so hey have you seen the jim henson hour? man that show is so rad! i just love that digit, leon, and zondra!'