What if Disney added a Muppet block to The Disney Channel?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Off topic, I was at the Diseny Store a week or so back, and they just released a Ludwig VonDrake plush doll... Trust me, I almost had a heart attack, and felt light headed thinking it was a dream... I have never seen Ludwig stuff. He hosts basically EVERYTHING, Disney Specials, DTV sing a longs, that 1960's Disney show that was an advertisement for color TV's... but I never saw any love for him in 3-D form. Even Gyro Gearloose got an obscure PEZ dispenser... and no, I never got it.
That is totally off topic, but no freaking way. I wanted that plush. You're right the guy never gets any stuff. Looks like I got another thing to look for on ebay, since their are no Disney stores close to where I live.

Just to be sure, was it this one. I'm wanting that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That sounds cool. The Disney Store at the mall that I often visit was closed earlier this year. :stick_out_tongue:
A good portion of the ones that closed down near me reopened a month or so ago. No doubt after Disney bought it back from Children's Place. They have some decent stuff their now... and less and less Tween pop. And actual Disney characters too. It's not just all Pooh stuff anymore.

Xevia

Reaction score
If Disney did this I would be glued to the TV

Quesal

Reaction score
oh that schedule looks absolutely devine! I'd pay for cable to see that kind of muppet stuff aired on TV!

muppfozz

Reaction score
If Disney added a Muppet Block to one of their many Disney channels I would be SOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY....... move over wizards and Hannah !

Quesal

Reaction score
Right now I'd even settle for Muppet appearances on those Disney Shows like Hannah or Wizards or Suite Life.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Right now I'd even settle for Muppet appearances on those Disney Shows like Hannah or Wizards or Suite Life.
I'd be happy if they just put that stuff out to pasture completely.

For a Muppet block, be they movies, reruns of TMS or MT or a new project all together, they'd first need a solid channel of Disney stuff. Disney animated movies, live action classic films, blocks of classic cartoons, newer ones... basically for it to work we need a TRUE Disney channel that appeals to every focus group possible without pandering specifics. In other words, let's work on getting a Disney black before we get a Muppet one.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For a Muppet block, be they movies, reruns of TMS or MT or a new project all together, they'd first need a solid channel of Disney stuff. Disney animated movies, live action classic films, blocks of classic cartoons, newer ones... basically for it to work we need a TRUE Disney channel that appeals to every focus group possible without pandering specifics. In other words, let's work on getting a Disney black before we get a Muppet one.
That'd be a cool idea.

This would be a perfect line-up:

11PM-8AM: Vault Disney (including rarities, the "Disneyland" television series, the original "Mickey Mouse Club" (and "The New Mickey Mouse Club" and MMC), the Alice comedies, Laugh-O-Grams, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, black and white Mickey Mouse/Silly Symphonies, and politically incorrect content like world war II cartoons and maybe even Song of the South).

8AM-11AM: Programming for younger kids, including Bear in the Big Blue House (maybe even "Breakfast with Bear" wrap-arounds), Muppet Babies (and Muppet Time bumpers), Dumbo's Circus, Adventures in Wonderland, and an hour of Winnie the Pooh (including the half-hour shorts, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Welcome to Pooh Corner, and Book of Pooh, and occasionally Winnie the Pooh movies).

11AM-1PM: A two-hour movie or two hour-long specials.

1PM-2PM: Classic Disney shorts (the kind Disney would have shown on The Disney Channel during regular daytime hours back in the 1980s and 1990s)

2PM-5PM: Half-hour cartoons, including everything from "The Disney Afternoon", plus Mickey's Mouse Works/House of Mouse, The Little Mermaid series, and 101 Dalmations: The Series. DuckTales would air every day, but other shows would alternate (more popular shows like Darkwing Duck and TailSpin would be shown more times a week, while less popular stuff like Quack Pack and Raw Toonage would be shown once a week). Heck, this could be called "The NEW Disney Afternoon").

5PM-8PM: Shows for pre-teens (I.E. Disney Channel's current target audience), including MMC, The Brothers Garcia, Hannah Montanna, and others.

8PM-11PM: Programming for families, including Dinosaurs, The Muppet Show, Boy Meets World, and others.

Weekends:

Saturday:
8AM-12PM: Programming produced for saturday mornings, including occasional showings of short-lived shows like The Wuzzles (or is that "The Woozles"?) and Little Muppet Monsters.

12PM-4PM: Movies and specials.

4PM-6PM: Muppet block.

6PM-10PM: Movies (an animated feature and a live-action movie)

Sunday:
8AM-12PM: Classic Disney shorts and animated series featuring classic Disney characters.

12PM-6PM: A marathon of some sort (a Mickey Mouse marathon, a Darkwing Duck marathon, a Mickey Mouse Club marathon, a Muppet marathon, etc.).

6PM-11PM: Movies and series from Touchtone, Hollywood Pictures, and other companies owned by Disney but not using the "Disney" name.

The third week of each month would have a 48-hour weekend marathon (much like what TV Land used to do), usually dedicated to a single TV show, but sometimes dedicated to a single character (like the "June Bugs" marathons Cartoon Network used to run, only focusing on the classic Disney characters like Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck).

Screechy6

Reaction score
Disney channel

If they gave a block for the muppets I would actually tune into the disney channel. Right now I'm not too crazy about the shows and refuse to watch Hanna. I would be totally down for that.:sleep:

lotusoftheleaf

Reaction score
The only thing I watch on Disney Channel anymore is Phineas and Ferb. I can't stand Hanna Montana or Suite Life or any of those shows. They're not funny, they're not entertaining, I can't understand why people like them enough to give them the ratings needed to stay on the air.

They should bring back a Toon Disney-like channel that airs nothing but Disney cartoons, the Disney Afternoon stuff and the classic shorts. I think Muppet Babies would fit in with a channel like that in the morning, and maybe even The Muppet Show later on in the evening.