What happened with the Muppet Photo Puppets?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Are they still making them? There was just three, I've seen some at a comic shop a few years back but now they disappeared, can they still be found easy on the internet if I wanted to buy one or all three?

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Well, when Master Replica's license ran out, EFX Collectibles took over. They made a Rizzo the Rat prototype, and a Reporter Kermit prototype. They also started to work on a Miss Piggy, but did not get very far. Within about 1 year of owning the license, they announced that they had been running into problems with finding the right materials, and locating a factory that would be willing to mass produce them. As of now, they have announced that these replicas will NOT be coming out. If you are interested in buying the other 3 replicas, Ebay is your best bet. You can find Gonzo for about $300, Animal for about $600, and occasionally there will be a Kermit for $900+, but be prepared for a bidding war! Hope this helps!

-MB

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Well, when Master Replica's license ran out, EFX Collectibles took over. They made a Rizzo the Rat prototype, and a Reporter Kermit prototype. They also started to work on a Miss Piggy, but did not get very far. Within about 1 year of owning the license, they announced that they had been running into problems with finding the right materials, and locating a factory that would be willing to mass produce them. As of now, they have announced that these replicas will NOT be coming out. If you are interested in buying the other 3 replicas, Ebay is your best bet. You can find Gonzo for about $300, Animal for about $600, and occasionally there will be a Kermit for $900+, but be prepared for a bidding war! Hope this helps!

-MB
I remember when they were about $200 in the store and thinking "Shucks, I wish I had the extra money to buy one" and now it's beyond. lol I hope I strike it rich someday. It's the closest thing to a fan owning an actual Muppet. :smile: Wasn't there 2 kinds of Kermit replica's One which was the classic fleece and the other kind of a plastic glittery fabric?

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Hmm, I think there was only one Kermit made, and it was made of Antron Fleece. They are really neat collecters items (I own all of them) and got them all when they were still at retail price.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Cool, I was kind of picky about them for awhile because I didn't think Animal and Gonzo looked 100 % accurate and Kermit's eyes were slightly too seperated or the puples in his eyes were too bold or something. But I sort of regret not buying them when they came out lol They were made using the actual Muppet material I believe :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In November-December 2008, you could get a new Kermit replica for $125. The Gonzo replica got as low as $60 at one point when they hit rock bottom. Anyone who took advantage of these deals when they were offered got a steal.

Nick22

Reaction score
I got my Gonzo for $68 and my Kermit for about $200. I'm honestly amazed by how much the prices have sky rocketed since then.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I personally think these as well as the Fisher Price line, the Palisades figures and the Sesaome Rubber hand puppets and finger puppets from the 1970s and the Muppet University dolls from 1989 were probably my all time favorite merchandises and the best in my opinion. And the Bendy Gonzo from the UK, so much detail on the hair. :smile:

momble

Reaction score
Yeah same here. I managed to get my Kermit for just £99 and Gonzo, strangely, cost me more at £115. Animal was the first one that I managed to pick up and the cheapest at only £80 - he was displayed for a while (now back in the box tho) but the other 2 have never been out to play