What films/shows/books do you want Muppetised?

HPDJ

Reaction score
1. Alice in Wonderland
2. Back to the Future
3. Robin Hood
4. Friends
5. Oklahoma! :sing:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ooh, Robin hood would be a good one.

Definately some musicals. **thinks** The Music Man, Oliver, Fiddler... Singing in the rain maybe? :wink:

It would be cool to see a Redwall book acted out with Muppets... :big_grin:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
none, im sick of the muppets retreading ground that others have done, i really cant stand the whole , well we arnt sure what to do with them , so lets just use book or movie that has already been done and plugg our characters into it, i want them to concentrate on original material, and leave the remakes and paradies behind, the muppest were at thier best when they did original material, and thier is no reason that they arnt doing original concepts now.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
none, im sick of the muppets retreading ground that others have done, i really cant stand the whole , well we arnt sure what to do with them , so lets just use book or movie that has already been done and plugg our characters into it, i want them to concentrate on original material, and leave the remakes and paradies behind, the muppest were at thier best when they did original material, and thier is no reason that they arnt doing original concepts now.
But the Muppets were born to be performers, so to speak. They acted on the Muppet Show, which took place in the theatre where they often portrayed characters, as well as on Muppets Tonight where it was a television show. In at least 2 of their movies, they are striving to be actors. What's wrong with seeing them act a little?

Although I do agree with you in saying that original storylines would be nice (something kind of like MTM with both acting as characters and being themselves would be great too), they have a knack for retelling stories in their own special way, so it's not the "same old story" at all. I'm quite looking forward to Oz, and how they portray their characters.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
i just feel that doing these remakes does a dis service to the muppets , instead of allowing the characters to grow in thier own way, it takes them a step back, and forces them into molds, something that the original show, and movies never did,

take for instance Muppet Caper, they were given a good story, and a basic premise, but were still being them selves, and and simply telling a greta story , same with The Muppet movie, nam Manhattan, (ill leave out Muppets from Space because that movie was just bad from start to finish)

but when you do these Retelling it stunts the muppet performance, and keeps the muppets in molds that dont fit,

i think of all the recent films, only the Christams special had a little bit of the old muppet spark(even if it really didnt save the film, it was thier )

beaker

Reaction score
Nada zilch zippo. This Oz thing should have never happened...as I was hoping the Muppets no tplaying themselves phenomenon was over. For here on out, they need to be playing themselves...with Juhl level writing if possible.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Beaker, are you forgetting Muppets From Space, and Kermit's Swamp years, when the Muppets were playing themselves? I wouldn't say they were better than MCC,and MTI myself...

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Thought about this a little bit,over the past week.Here are some of my ideas:

-Peter Pan(would be my first or second choice for a muppety remake)
-Alice in Wonderland
-Annie
-Oliver!
-Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
-South Pacific
-Guys & Dolls
-Robin Hood
-Moby Dick