What do you do with your puppets?

biblebetty

Reaction score
I became interested in puppetry at the age of 10yrs old. I collected them. then I performed for driffent teams until I found out that the church I attended had a puppet team. I join them (their team had be around for 10yrs) we perform for graduations, teas, children's ministry, christmas, October, thanksgiving, summer camps, we travel to other churches, hospitals, senior homes, I also belong to a chaplains resue relief group that want to do shows for victims of fires and floods and such desasters (sorry about the spelling). we also get involved in the city's street fair. we are a very busy group espeically in December. I started building 6 yrs ago because some of the shows we do require special puppets that are either not made or if i had them made they are to much money. I enjoy making them. (you can see my flicker page of the puppets i've made) It's makes the show more personal and the kids love the puppets. I also buy puppets on ebay (but they have to be really weird, silly or off the wall, the kids like that too. and cheap really cheap!)

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I for one Build puppets because I want to practice so my skills of making one can be better, and it's fun to use your imagination.

mrhogg

Reaction score
I started building puppets for my show, dotBoom. Since then, I've made some for clients, and for other shows, and am trying to get a studio up and running.

I don't really make any of my puppets for fun, per se, in that I don't just create one to have an extra one around. I have lots of ideas for different puppet designs that I want to implement, initially for the fun and practice, but I invariably find a way to bring that design into one of the crazily large number of shows and projects I've got on my drawing board.

Each puppet I build I try to make more complicated or at least better than the last, in some fashion, whether it be something simple like a new stitch, a new way of attaching the facial features, new hand construction or more precise eye creation. Each thing I build should be a step forward in multiple ways.

BabyScooter

Reaction score
I kepp mine and sometimes play with them or do a skit in my room I hope someday to be a muppeteer.

some times my friends tell me " why don't you sell them on eabay.com?" but I have never sold a single one of my puppets because I feel like they are a part

of me so If I sell one I lose a friend they you know what I mean?

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I would take pictures of the puppets I built and set them on the internet afterwards.:big_grin: