What do the performers think of Disney?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
With all the news of disny/mupppets. i wonder how the muppetteres and the writers feel about all this . They surey have an openion about the matter but im afried to ask any of them. Caues knowing me i would not get an answer.

I also wonder if they all have to have new contraces with disny and what kind they are and if they are making more or less money

:smile:

Luke

Reaction score
It seems the Muppeteers will not be working for Disney, so nothing really will change with them. The Henson Company has a three year contract to make the Muppet shows and movies for Disney, the Muppeteers work freelance for the Jim Henson Company and will be hired by them as and when needed. It has worked this way for many, many years.

As for what the Muppeteers and other JHC staff think, obviously they have opinions but that's a private matter for them.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Luke said:
It seems the Muppeteers will not be working for Disney, so nothing really will change with them. The Henson Company has a three year contract to make the Muppet shows and movies for Disney, the Muppeteers work freelance for the Jim Henson Company and will be hired by them as and when needed. It has worked this way for many, many years.

As for what the Muppeteers and other JHC staff think, obviously they have opinions but that's a private matter for them.

Sorta the kinda way it is with the Sesame WorkShop? :confused: :smirk:

Luke

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
Sorta the kinda way it is with the Sesame WorkShop? :confused: :smirk:
Yeah sorta, except Sesame uses some Henson company puppeteers but Sesame Workshop make the shows. With Disney, JHC will be making the shows AND employing the puppeteers just like before, except Disney will have a little input.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
oh ok so it is like a partnership then well that makes me feel a little beeter about things becaus that means Jim's name will still be used with the muppets.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
who cares they get paid a ridiculous amount of money while the crafts people behind the scenes get next to nothing, im sure they will hire as many of them as are willing to work for them, and still shaft the workshop as always :attitude:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What are you talking about? That has nothing to do with this topic at all. I was wondering about the preformeres ok and the writers and directers. Which as of the last Muppet movie the directer was a Muppet writer.

Luke

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
oh ok so it is like a partnership then well that makes me feel a little beeter about things becaus that means Jim's name will still be used with the muppets.
It's similar to a partnership but one company is working for the other still. No promises about Jim's name still being used in connection with the Muppets (according to past informed rumors reported on MC) but it will certainly be in the case of the actual Henson Company and Henson Legacy.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
oh i get it now is it kind of like pixar? I think Disny did an ok job with pixar i dont know what the problems where here in the last few movies but i thought they shure did give pixar a lot of publisity. If the muppets are going to be like Pixar then i have no worries what so ever for at least two or three years. but after that i might can expect them to go down hill a little but i can keep my fingurs crossed. But just think about all the movies toys and games that pixar was a part of when i think about that i get goosbums all over. Oh and heres somthing really cool Disny has alredy worked with the muppets in the past so im sure this will work out for the best.

Ok now lets talk about Brian Henson , do you think that he will still be able to do his muppets like Sal, Janice and the Newsman ? also do you all think that he may still do and producing or Directing. The same qustion we could ask about Frank Oz i know that there was a muppet movie that jim help write that frank wantted to direct but do you think that these two key players for the muppets will still continue working for Disney. :flirt: :embarrassed: wow what a pair Janice and Foizze lol