what disney should have done for the special edition movie DVDs

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Disney chose to release four of the muppet movies on DVD at the same time. However, I think it would have been better if disney chose to release them all seperately. Maybe Disney could have released The Muppet Movie in July, The Great Muppet Caper in September, The Muppet Christmas carol in November, and Muppet treasure island in January. What do you all think?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I agree, if only because it's a little hard on the pocketbook.

A staggered release would have also been better for introducing the Muppets to this new generation, just so parents could be like "wait until you see the next one!" instead of shoving it down their throats all at once!

Dantecat

Reaction score
I agree that they should of totally released The Muppets Take Manhattan sometimes.What do you think?:flirt:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Disney has to work out the rights on MTM and MFS with other companies who distributed the films.

Otherwise, I really do hope that on TMS DVD Season Sets they continue to do a count down of Miss Piggy's Karate Chops! I did notice that they didn't count the one she gave Fozzie in the opening theme song on one episode. I guessed it was because it wasn't during the show when it happened.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Otherwise, I really do hope that on TMS DVD Season Sets they continue to do a count down of Miss Piggy's Karate Chops! I did notice that they didn't count the one she gave Fozzie in the opening theme song on one episode. I guessed it was because it wasn't during the show when it happened.
I wonder if, because of music rights, Disney will have to cut a song that featured Miss Piggy karate chopping somebody. The only song I can think of where Miss Piggy karate chopped somebody was Pig Calypso.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Also, actual special features would have been nice. Who would have liked to have seen the tv specials made with TMM and GMC? I would have. Hmmmmmm. ><

I completely agree about the karate chop count, that was excellent. :big_grin: However, I didn't watch them all in order so it sort of lost some pizazz for me.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Maybe Diz will release the specials on DVD sets? Like, all the christmas specials together on one DVD and such?

I tell ya, I do wish there were vocals to the Muppet Morsels. Then, I could work on thigns while the TV talks to me and tells me all the good behind the scenes stuff.

BEAR

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
I agree, if only because it's a little hard on the pocketbook.
Yes, but remember that if you wait a little longer, the prices usually start going down.

BEAR

Reaction score
This karate chop thing is confusing me. WHy would they cut a song if she karate chops? I'm lost.:confused: