What did Northern Calloway (David) die from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitmansb

Reaction score
Looking into Sesame Street history, I've noticed that Northern Calloway fell ill, and thus was written off the show. He seems to have died at a young age. Does anybody know what illness he had? Thank-you.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
When did Maria and Luis start seeing one another, and when did they get married?

ssetta

Reaction score
They fell in love and got married during the 1987-88 season.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I wonder then if she fell for Luis after breaking up with David maybe because she didn't want heartache while he was sick? Then, one is led to wonder does she really love Luis, or has he been a crutch all these years, because David was at the wedding as I remember.

dbarrie

Reaction score
That's interesting (and sad). I remember when I heard about his death, but from a source that was probably less than reliable. Some trash mag wrote that he was fired from the show for "going insane," and that he died about a week or two later from a heart attack linked to his so-called mental state. This source also implied that this was the reason why David's death was not written into the SS storyline. Obviously this is false. It came from some piece of garbage my mom used to read. Do you all remember hearing freakish junk that was written about Northern Calloway at the time of his death. I also recall having seen a not-so flattering photo of him in this mag (I think it was the Star or the Sun).

dbarrie

Reaction score
Calloway was about 39 years old when he died (1950-late 1989/early 1990).

hitmansb

Reaction score
Thanks for answering...I always wondered what happened...now I know.

dbarrie

Reaction score
I would take all this info directed about Calloway with a huge grain of salt. He probably did die of stomach cancer. This stuff about "going insane" is probably not true, or it may be half-true. The only reason I put it on was because that's what many fans were probably told to believe, just like a lot of these so-called "news" publications love to destroy celebrities who are admired or respected by the general public.

Status
Not open for further replies.