What bargains did YOU find today?

Beth C

Reaction score
Well, I'm sure some of us (at least I do) go to different places to find our Muppet Memorabilia. I tend to frequent many thrift stores, and flea markets to find what I hope are bargains.

I'm hoping that some of you will post your finds in this thread. Today, in my travels I found these items:

5 of the 6 Muppet Babies Beanies at the flea market (the ones from Walgreens 2 for $10 normally ) at $2 each! Mint with tags even! They had them all but poor Kermie! I'll get him tomorrow at Walgreens.

Christmas Eve on Sesame Street VHS $1 at Goodwill (with sleeve)
Muppet Babies Video storybook $1 at flea market (with sleeve- eps Baby Piggy & the Thunderstorm;Baby Fozzie on Cloud Nine;Even Kermit gets Grouchy)
Sesame Street - Ernie's Little Lie $1 at Goodwill (no sleeve)

At one thrift store called PARC we found the 25th Anniversay Fozzie plush marked at $1! Of course my daughter snapped him up. (Finders Keepers, she told me while teasing me with it - of course SHE was the one who found it)

What have you found lately and where did you find YOUR bargains??

~Beth C :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I work at Goodwill so I see alot of Muppet Stuff come through. So when I do I snatch it up before it goes out in the store or sometimes things get passed me but I still snatch them up too. I've found alot of stuff come through that I have proubly 2 or 4 boxes of stuff or out and about in my room. I quit proubly but I'll still come back to find more and more Muppet stuff. Most of the stuff I've really found is SS stuff most of it from Books, Video, records and toys. I went to an annaul thing that happens here in Sweetwater Texas. RattleSnake Round up. We have flea markets but I didn't get to look at everything but I did find one year some videos of SS and DogCity a think a $1 or 2. Its over or I would of went to the others but since I worked I couldn't go. Nuts! Hope u find some other neat muppet stuff but keep looking at Goodwill.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Bargain is my middle name! Thats actually my job at the moment to go round looking for bargains and selling them on ebay! I've found some excellent things in junk shops the best finds were last year both in the same shop at different times I found 2 whole rolls of extremely rare 1970s muppet wallpaper in mint condition for 25 australian cents, thats like 10 US cents. thats probably the most rare and unusual muppet find, theres a thread about it on here somewhere too.

I also was so happy to find a vintage 1970s fisher price rowlf the dog puppet right at the bottom of a huge container full of old rubbishy, some dirty soft toys, I couldnt believe it, its in near mint condition and was less than 25 cents! It was like it was meant for me to have it. Its one of my prized muppet possessions because its better if you find it yourself, ebay is the easy way!

I love bargain hunting!

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Hey Ernie81981,

Do you work at the Goodwill up here, because they never have muppet stuff!!!

Accually, I've found some really nice Fraggles Up here!

Didymus

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I'm in Grants Pass, Oregon.

I was just at goodwill today, and they had nuthin' good.

Didymus

AnimalD

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a good deal (in my opinion, anyway) on Muppet movie DVD's should check out their nearest Sam's Club/B.J's/warehouse club. My B.J.'s just got in a large shipment of Columbia Tristar titles, including The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets Take Manhattan, Kermit's Swamp Years (all $9.99 each), and Muppets From Space ($6.99). (And just last month I finally broke down and bought The Great Muppet Caper for $15.99, which was the cheapest I could find it. D'oh!)

They also had several volumes of Bear in the Big Blue House, but I didn't really pay attention to the titles or prices.

jediX

Reaction score
Wal-Mart usually has MFS for $6.99 as well. At least they did last time I checked.

Anyway, it wasn't a bargain, but I picked up mega Gonzo the other day. I don't have any second-hand stores close to me, so I can never search those for stuff.

Lazy J

Reaction score
jediX said:
I don't have any second-hand stores close to me, so I can never search those for stuff.
Sorry to hear that (i love thrift stores) Goodwill has there own ebay-esue web page http://www.shopgoodwill.com/
Sometimes you can find cool stuff there on the cheap (or cheaper than ebay anyhow).

Beth C

Reaction score
Woo hoo! I found a Fisher Price Kermit #857 for $.35!!!!

I got a Cookie Monster Puppet (fully body) for $.29!!!
I got the Nanco Bert for $.29!!!

I also got a brand new Sesame Street Count Beanie for $.59!!! I also got the Tyco Beans Oscar for the same price!!!

Gotta love my Thrift Stores! Today was Bargain Day for sure!!

~Beth C