What are your favourite Swedish Chef sketches?

Pug Lover

Reaction score
My all time favourite Swedish Chef sketch was when he was cooking a lobster.After he stuffed a live muppet lobster into a pot of boiling water,we hear and see two other lobster muppets galloping on horses just outside the kitchen window.These two lobsters burst into the kitchen shooting guns in the air and rescue their friend from the pot. :wink:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Yup,and the lobster says,(in his best Spanish accent)'Don't move,don't move!' ****.I also liked the teaming of Danny Kaye and Chef(trying to cook a turkey,'One,two,un a boom!' Chef does lump puppetry with dough.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Danny Kaye is mine, I think. I love it. "But we call him Tom" LOL. Watch that one and tell me that Henson was ready for it. I think not, as it sounds like he laughs quite spontaneously at that line and almost loses it!

Hilarious.

eric

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
The lobster one was good, but my favorite was the "Chocolate Moose" one. When he beckons "Moose-Moose", I just crack up.

Another good one was when he was using a coffee perculator, and all of the sudden, he had one growing out of his head, and then the Vet's Hospital gang shows up.

And anything involving him throwing something up in the air and shooting it with the shotgun is always funny.

SaraJayne

Reaction score
I enjoy the one where he is trying to make a fried egg. He has a muppet chicken on the counter and he is waiting for her to lay an egg, and she keeps laying ping pong balls. After several attempts to get her to lay an egg, he decides to scrap the fried egg idea and to make chicken instead. So he starts chasing her around the set with his cleaver.

Then later in the Pigs In Space sketch Dr. Strangepork reports of alien invaders on the ship, one with feathers and one with a strange Skandenavian accent. And the Swedish Chef and the chicken come running through the door.

I can't remember which episode it was, but it was great.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
I don't know if this counts, but what about the Johnathan Winters episode where the gypsy puts a curse on the show and at the end, everyone starts talking swedish. Hilarious to hear Kermit speaking Swedish(or was it Mock Swedish?)

Joggy

Reaction score
That moment everyone turns Swedish in the Jonathan Winters episode has one of the funniest Newsman performances ever.

Newsman: "We interrupt this entertainment for the following announcement. Not everyone has turned Swedish. I for one have remained my normal self."

Gipsy Lady: "There is one type person unaffected by the curse."

Newsman: "I am that type."

Gipsy Lady: "The boring and stupid type."

Newsman: "... Come to think of it, I think I'm starting to feel a little Swedish... Smorgasbord. Stockholm. Ingemar Bergman. Meatball!"

jediX

Reaction score
The battle between SC and Jacques Roach in the 'Food" JHH episode is absolutely hilarious, too.

Taken from my JHH guide....
Jacques Roach: Bonjour! I am le famous chef, Jaaaaaaaacques Roach! And today I show you how to make something very special!
Swedish Chef: uuh huuuh..
Jacques Roach: First we take ze frying pan... [pulls up a frying pan and whaps the Swedish Chef in the face with it.] Whoops! [as Chef falls to the floor, making groans] The next thing we do is...
Swedish Chef: [comes up holding can of bug spray] Spay der buggie! [Chef sprays Jacques with the bug spray, but Jacques deflects it with a frying pan] Spray spray spray!
Jacques Roach: Hooh hooh hooh hooh! Ah!... [Chef comes with flyswatter and whacks Jacques with it. Jacques bites the Chef's hand, causing him to fall down again] Every little grain seems to... [Chef breaks a plate over Jacques head]
Jacques Roach: Hooh hooh hooh hooh! Ah, yes, now we make one of my favorite dishes. DISHES! Hooh! Now we play for you a pretty song, yes? YES! [sings in mock French while playing accordion.]