What are the highest quality Fraggle plush?

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Sababa ones were about the same price, if nothing a little less than Manhattan until they started hitting bigger retailers, like Target. The Red, Gobo, and Wembley that came with DVD's sold at Target for 15, when they were going for 20 at smaller stores. The middle sized ones I only saw at smaller stores for 10-12, until they hit clearance mode at KB, when they were 3 for 10 or so... the 2 miniplush that came with a DVD I only saw at Marshall's for 6 or 7, and I really wish I picked those up when i had a chance.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I see. I tell ya, I almost got the Red with DVD on eBay, but I got outbid at the last minute. However, I have the complete series and another Red I bought from a seller, so I guess I came out on top. :coy:

Now I see why Manhattan Toy should make smaller fraggles for those with modest budgets or collectors who had the Sababa dolls. The only fear I'd have would be the amount of quality the smaller dolls would have, since the normal sizes have a few quirks about them (Mokey and Matt's color, Boober's hair problem, I heard there were some eye problems with Red).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Lemme tell you this.. I got the Sababa medium sized Red last last minute... when KB was going under, just before they cleared out all the good stuff. I managed to snag the 12" Wembely with the DVD for about 7 or 8 bucks (forget exactly) and I never got the chance to go back and get the other 2... though Wembely was the one I wanted the most (never managed to get the Hasbro Softee version of him... I got Boober, though).

Oh, and to answer someone's question from a bit ago, yes... there was indeed a Red and a Gobo under 3 figure (Gobo held a carrot for some reason, Red had the more appropriate radish... I kinda like them over the cars) but I only found Red at the comics store... I definitely would have got both if they had them. I found a ..well, I guess rare still in package under 3 Plucky Duck at the same place, but not Gobo. No one really asked for the under 3's, and I wonder what the rarity of them is.

Now, the Doozer in the McD's kid's meal, according to Muppet Wiki was test market stuff... they had one with 2 generic Doozers, one with Cotterpin... but they never made it nationally, and I'd stand to say that no one ever actually seen one of either of them.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now, the Doozer in the McD's kid's meal, according to Muppet Wiki was test market stuff... they had one with 2 generic Doozers, one with Cotterpin... but they never made it nationally, and I'd stand to say that no one ever actually seen one of either of them.
We have both of these. They are nice since they include not just Doozers but their vehicles as well.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Yeah because I saw the Doozer ones on eBay, but the only official Mcd premiums were of the Fraggles (Four, if memory serve me, with Boober and Wembley sharing a car). OF those, the only one I have so far is Gobo. I kinda had a gut feeling the Doozers were just a test market, but I could have sworn I saw one at a flea market years ago in a box of random fast food toys.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on on the Manhattan Red plush? I was looking at it on Amazon today and actually got a good look at the stock photo and the plush is really weird looking in it.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on on the Manhattan Red plush? I was looking at it on Amazon today and actually got a good look at the stock photo and the plush is really weird looking in it.
I had my eye on one, but a review on Amazon kinda steered me away. The head shape is accurate, but the eyes are kinda sewn to where it looks like she's looking down than forward, her hair isn't very lively, and she has nothing in her mouth to make it completely close.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
So I got my Wembley plush today. He's really cute and pretty good looking. The one thing that bugs me about him is that his skin is really yellow, not yellowish-green. It's not too big of a problem though because everything else about him definately says Wembley and I love him just the same. It's just a little weird.

Puckrox

Reaction score
So I got my Wembley plush today. He's really cute and pretty good looking. The one thing that bugs me about him is that his skin is really yellow, not yellowish-green. It's not too big of a problem though because everything else about him definately says Wembley and I love him just the same. It's just a little weird.
Where'd you get it from? I've been considering getting a Wembley plushie.