Well, they showed up...

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Well, Kermit, Guy Smiley, and even a construction worker all showed up in today's episode (albeit in an older clip), so all you "back in my day" people out there can quit complaining about how you never see these characters and start complaining about how you seldom see these characters.:wink: :stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I never see these characters anymore, and if I do it's too seldom to matter!!

Give us more characters that we used to see back in our day!

:rolleyes:
:big_grin: :zany: :crazy:

dcfboss

Reaction score
yea it was great to see "Do De Rubber Duck" .... they don't show the whole thing on the 25th Anniversary DVD.

Also today an older show was seen at 12 with some old clips including "Doin The Pigeon" and Grover at Charlie's Restaurant.

Wow .. today I was in classic SS heaven, lol

ssetta

Reaction score
If you looked very closely at the very last end credits, underneath where it said "Sesame Workshop", there was a thing that said "Kermit The Frog" character used by permission of the Jim Henson Company. I'll bet they have to have permission to use him now, since The Jim Henson Company owns him. I wonder what kids will think when they see all those old characters. But I think they can use it now because it's frequently shown on Play With Me Sesame.

roadrat15

Reaction score
Why do some people think that just because characters are 'old'
kids won't relate to them.That's total b.s.:mad:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by somethingofafan
Well, Kermit, Guy Smiley, and even a construction worker all showed up in today's episode (albeit in an older clip), so all you "back in my day" people out there can quit complaining about how you never see these characters and start complaining about how you seldom see these characters.
Okay, am I the only one who thinks it's funny that somethingofafan included a generalized "construction worker" in their list of classic characters never seen? :stick_out_tongue:

Sorry, but it made me laugh! :big_grin: :zany:

dcfboss

Reaction score
well kids won't relate to the older characters for one reason .. they're not on sesame street anymore, only in the sporadic classic clips, so they really can't get to know the characters, thus not being able to relate to them

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I wish I would have seen that. They do play, "Do De Rubber Duck" on MC Radio. But, unfortunately, there you don't actually see the characters. Also, I think they cut out Kermit's part of the song.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Actually I knew it was Biff (because his hat said so), but Biff wasn't one of the characters I most associated with my childhood watching of Sesame Street, even though others had mentioned him as a fairly major character.