Weirdest Sketch

Frogster

Reaction score
The Muppet Show has done so, so many weird numbers, and I was wondering which one you guys thought was the weirdest... I thought "Night And Day" was pretty weird, along with "Lime In The Coconut." To be honest, I don't think "Jaberwocky" was the weirdest, but it's up there. You?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Another great topic.So many out there,weird sketches that is.Here's a few:I Got You Under My Skin(Shakey & Behemoth),Windmills of Your Mind(3 legged screaming thing),You Do Something To Me(little girl changes her appearance),Jabborwocky(weird but way cool),UK skit I'm So Happy(2 guys,singing in monotone,covered with cobwebs),Facing My Fears(Zero Mostel sketch),Hugga Wugga,the ChopLiver monster on Pigs in Space,most of the Koozbanian sketches were out there,in the Steve Martin episode the Mama balloon,the Mummenschanz with the face sculpting clay,Treaka Treaka Streak Streak.That's all I can think of for now.:zany:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
the one from the Brooke Shields episode called Jaberwacke or whatever it's called. Even Scooter said it's the weirdest thing he's seen.

ryan

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Just curious: what did they do in the Jabberwock sketch? (I've only seen 15 episodes of the Muppet Show and that wasn't one of them :frown: )

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Mr.Penguin said:
Just curious: what did they do in the Jabberwock sketch? (I've only seen 15 episodes of the Muppet Show and that wasn't one of them :frown: )
Kinda hard to describe. Even Scooter said before the sketch "Even when you know what it's about, you don't know what it's about". It basically involved Scooter hunting some kind of dragon-like creature called the Jabberwocky. It's done mostly in rhyme, I think. That's the best way I can describe it. Maybe someone else can do a better job.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
JABBERWOCKY

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

`Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!'

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

`And has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
He chortled in his joy.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Cackling can be heard while a gleaming smile is seen in the air laughing.

Ah yes, but how do you stand on your head?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Aah, they did a sketch with the Jabberwocky? That's awesome! I love that poem. That must have been weird if they did a LEwis Carroll poem!

I remember the Lime in the Coconut. It was kind of random.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... The reason they performed the poem of the Jabberwock, was cause the whole episode where it appeared was the one with Brooke Shields. And that was the Muppets In Wonderland episode. The whole episode was a telling of Alice in Wonderland. But like the opening song says: Don't be surprised if you meet Captain Hook, cause their version didn't always follow the book.
BTW: You can find the Brooke Shields TMS episode on Volume 8 of the Time-Life Best of the Muppet Show DVD series.