Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know we've discussed this before, but maaan . . . after seeing a new trailer for SPACE JAM 2 that was essentially nothing but marketing Zendaya as Lola, that only emphasized how much her voice does not fit that character . . . I know people complained the original Lola Bunny lacked any actual personality, but honestly, Zendaya's Lola sounds phoned in: wooden and emotionless.
And now they're really, really hammering in the Zendaya selling point by randomly slipping in red carpet clips of herself in the promos just to really drive home the fact that she's the new Lola Bunny.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen any trailers or promos yet that weren't basically just selling Zendaya as Lola Bunny yet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently SPACE JAM 2 is tanking, and LeBron James is blaming it on . . . racism? I hope that's a joke. I think the real problem is this sequel was far too long in the making and far too late after the original movie came out . . . not to mention, the novelty of animated characters coexisting alongside real people has long worn off since CGI has become prevalent in recent decades.

Not to mention the way the movie was advertised and marketed as nothing more than one big commercial for Zendaya voicing Lola Bunny.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I find it quite odd that no Cartoon Network characters were in the film, yet they were willing to put characters from Clockwork Orange and wild wild West

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Apparently SPACE JAM 2 is tanking, and LeBron James is blaming it on . . . racism? I hope that's a joke. I think the real problem is this sequel was far too long in the making and far too late after the original movie came out . . . not to mention, the novelty of animated characters coexisting alongside real people has long worn off since CGI has become prevalent in recent decades.

Not to mention the way the movie was advertised and marketed as nothing more than one big commercial for Zendaya voicing Lola Bunny.
I hate to be that guy but you’ve been tricked. That was a parody account that posted that, not the real BBC news. Just make sure that next time you don’t get tricked

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be fair, in this day and age, it’s pretty much easy to label anything as “racist” these days if it means getting attention.

For goodness sake, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were once considered “racist.”

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
True, but on the same coin flip always check your sources still even with believable headlines

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nah, I had my doubts about the validity of this - especially considering it was being claimed he was blaming on systemic racism. I had trouble taking that seriously.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since we're apparently getting a movie in which Lady Gaga and Salma Hayek join forces to conspire to kill a husband, that automatically means we'll get a steamy lesbian love scene between the two of them, right? Right?

On another note, since when is Lady Gaga an actor?