Weekend at Piggy's

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Welcome to The Muppets season 2 episode 1! As it's been awhile since season 1 of the Muppets 2015 show (which can be seen on Disney+), let's do a quick recap of the preceding episode:

After a confusing back and forth, Kermit had finally frogged up to admit that he's still in love with Piggy, so after a coin flip for courage, Kermit returns to find the set divided in Team Love and Team Friendship over his relationship. Piggy was of course waiting for the frog to give a grand love gesture, but discovers that while he was trying to figure out his feelings, he did so via a coin flip. That settles it for her and she makes plans to fly to Thailand, leaving Kermit to go after her. Pepe, captain of Team Love, follows them, causing the three to settle in for a long flight.

And now, your first commercial free half of the season premiere!

27 hours.

That was how long Miss Piggy’s flight took from LAX to that of Phuket, Thailand. And that was how long Kermit had pretty much sat in the same seat since leaving the ground in the US.

There had been a four hour layover, which thankfully just allowed passengers to get up and stretch their legs, something Kermit needed to do after sitting still for nearly fifteen hours. He had about two and a half hours of peace and quiet – Piggy had been zoned out since he’d first come upon her on the plane and it looked like she wouldn’t be waking up any time soon.

In that near day and a half, Kermit the Frog was made to face the facts and face his feelings, something he had just come to realize and admitted to himself before leaving the studio.

He was in love with Piggy, still in love with her, and no matter how hard he tried to deny it, even with all of their ups and downs, there really didn’t seem to be another woman – human, pig, or Muppet – for him. He knew now, and maybe even then, that he had handled the whole thing wrong; admitting that he had needed to flip a coin to decide if he wanted to brave the turbulent waters that described his relationship with the Up Late star was dumb, he knew that.

Unfortunately, Piggy hadn’t given him time to explain that it had been just a last step in confirming something that he had long suspected and had become much clearer in recent weeks and months. The coin flip had been to solidify what his heart wanted, to literally make his head get on the same page; and that was part of the problem. His heart had always wanted Piggy, even when their relationship teetered on the brink, but his head was always logical, always pointing out the many issues they had between them and why, even on paper, their romantic pairing made absolutely no sense.

But the truth, the whole truth and nothing but, was that Kermit just couldn’t quit her. No matter how hard he tried.

And he had tried. Many, many, many times.

The problem of course was that Piggy seemed to have quit him, even if her actions and words showed otherwise. That was the whole reason Kermit had rushed on to this flight and had stayed on it, just to talk to her and see if there was any chance for them to be together again or if he had just wasted precious time.

Twenty-seven hours was a long time to spend thinking about relationship troubles, but there wasn’t really anything Kermit could do. He knew Piggy tended to have some sort of entertainment device with her on long flights, but he was sure anything was most likely in her carry-on, which was probably somewhere above his head in the overhead compartment. And at some point, Piggy’s head had drifted on to his shoulder, probably around the same time he had dozed off himself. It was only maybe an hour or so before landing that the frog woke up from a well deserved nap, finding that Piggy was still out cold; that was a little troubling to him, as he was pretty sure she shouldn’t have been drinking while taking Ambien and he only knew about the two glasses of wine and not how pills she may have taken.

“Piggy?” he whispered, nudging her slightly. “Time to wake up, baby. We’re here.”

Miss Piggy was having a very strange, yet incredibly good dream. She was surrounded by handsome men, dressed in tuxedos – the always incredibly suave Antonio Banderas was handing her a champagne flute, the ever charming Benedict Cumberbatch was handing her a try of chocolate, and then the incredibly handsome Chris Helmsworth was smiling fondly at her. There was Dwayne Johnson, Vin Diesel, Chris Pine, Patrick Dempsey…the group was massive and seemed to be growing, thanks to Piggy’s overzealous imagination.

It was nice to be appreciated and fawned over, even in her dreams, and it seemed never ending until the sea of men parted leaving only a lone figure that stood in the distance. He was walking towards her and it was only when he got to the outer ring of the circle that the figure revealed himself to be Kermit, expertly dressed in a tuxedo as well, and apparently holding a rose in one of his hands.

The sight wasn’t uncommon, but lately her own feelings towards the frog were…complicated, at best. She had really hoped, wished and hoped, that after admitting his feelings on live television – even if he hadn’t realized he was live – had meant something; it had certainly meant something to her. She loved Kermit, had loved him forever at this point, and she had thought…

Well, Piggy had thought a lot of things that were clearly not true or even possible.

Shaking her head, she tried to focus on the other men around her, but as what usually happened, her blue eyes couldn’t help but stray back to the frog. Kermit was looking at her in such a way that had her raise an eyebrow in confusion; then he was saying something, but it was like they were both in a tunnel.

“Kermit, what…?” her dream self asked, trying to understand what it was that he was telling her.

“Time to wake up, baby.”

Her dream men began to fade, as did Kermit and their surroundings, until the blonde realized she was coming to wakefulness. Opening her eyes, it took a few moments for Piggy to remember where she was and why she would be on a plane; she was on vacation, on a plane towards the beautiful Thai island city of Phuket. Her eyes opened to view the blue upholstery of the seats before her. She thought she heard her somewhere on her right, causing her to shake her blonde curls and rub her eyes quickly.

Turning, it seemed as though either her dream was coming true or she might have been hallucinating. “Kermit?” she asked, her voice a little groggy from sleep.

“Hey,” he whispered, brushing a stray of hair out of her face. “Have a nice nap?”

“What?”

“You’ve been asleep for about 27 hours,” he explained.

“No, I get that,” she replied, leaning back in her chair. “Just trying to figure out why I’m clearly hallucinating you being here.”

“You’re not hallucinating,” Kermit said, also leaning back and watching as people began to gather their luggage and head off. “I am actually here and we are actually in Thailand.”

“You flew to Thailand?” she asked, throwing a confused glance his way. “Why?”

“Because you were flying here.”

Kermit held her gaze, even as he watched something like realize flash in her eyes, before those baby blues seem to flicker in suspicion for a moment, then went back to acknowledgement. It was on the tip of his tongue to say something, to perhaps try explain, but he stopped himself; there was plenty of time for that, that was the whole point of following her. “I’ll grab your bag,” he said, quietly.

“Hey!”

The greeting caused the two to exclaim in surprise, though the sight of the individual before them caused even more confusion. Pepe the King Prawn stood in the aisleway, grinning at the two of them in undisguised glee.

“That was a long trip, h’okay?” he said, heedless of the strange looks he was getting from both his employers and other passengers.

“Pepe!?” Kermit exclaimed.

Piggy rubbed a hand across her forehead. “Okay, no more Ambien and Chardonnay,” she sighed. “Causes hallucinations.”

“Piggy, you are not hallucinating.”

“Says the frog who may or may not be here.”

“Jou okay, Piggy?” Pepe asked, looking at the diva in concern. “Was a very long flight. Jou is probably sleepin’ off the plane lag, h’okay? Es no problema. I’ll get your bag.”

“No, Pepe,” Kermit insisted, trying to stand up from his seat. “I’ll get Piggy’s bag.”

“No, no, no,” the prawn said, already climbing up on the arm of Kermit’s seat and bumping into at least two different people as he did.

“Hey, get down!”

“Which is Piggy’s bag?”

“Pepe, I said get down!”

“No, no, Kermit, jou sit down and I’ll get Piggy’s bag and the two of jou can sit there and discuss…”

“How we’re going to kill you?” Piggy muttered, slinking down in her own seat, hoping that no one would notice her; not that the frog and shrimp were doing her any favors.

After a fifteen minute struggle that seemed like a lifetime to Piggy, Kermit had managed to get Pepe to step down and grabbed Piggy’s carry-on himself, a small dark purple bag with the ability to change into a rolling bag. Knowing Piggy as he did, Kermit knew her growing irritation was more on the fact that she was groggy and probably starving at this point, so he tried not to take her annoyance with him or Pepe too seriously.

On the diva’s part, she was trying her best to pretend as though she didn’t know the two characters accompanying her through the Phuket International terminal and out to the taxi that she had ordered well in advanced and thought she would be enjoying by herself. That was hard to do when Pepe was more than happy to squeeze into the backseat, pushing Kermit right against her, though the fact that his annoyance was equal to hers was somewhat gratifying.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Sorry for the two day commercial break! Was supposed to only be like a day. So here is more story for you! Consider this premiere to an hour (with commercials) in length.

Phuket was one of the southern providences of Thailand and one of the largest islands in the country. The country boasted a tropical climate that hardly, if ever changed, where the average high was 90 degrees and the average low was 77. The country itself was famed for its beaches and tourist attractions and one of the reasons Piggy choose it in the first place. Her trip to Argentina earlier in the year had been a great time of reflection, for both herself, her personal life, and her professional life.

Though she had left the lot in an emotional turmoil, the destination had been something the diva had planned for a while, however like most things, she had hoped maybe Kermit – or someone else – would maybe want to visit the country with her. Piggy had hoped going to Thailand would be another step on her figuring out herself, especially as her romantic life seemed to just tank no matter how much she tried keeping it afloat.

Sometimes she just didn’t understand Kermit. One minute he was happy to flaunt the fact that he was dating someone else and then next, he’s throwing a hissy fit because she flirted with a handsome actor; he’d been commiserating with her over the fact that people seemed obsessed with their relationship and then turns around and declares he loves her on national TV.

Only to decide that flipping a coin was the only way he was going to get back together with her.

She needed distance from the frog, which not for the first time, she kicked herself for running to him when she had been offered her own show. Piggy knew plenty enough people who would’ve been more than happy to help her get everything together, but like always, she had gone running to Kermit – her very recent ex – to not only help hire the staff, but become the executive producer of her show.

What was that saying about insanity?

As the car took the now three of them to her hotel, Piggy tried her best to ignore just how close Kermit sat next to her. Pepe had all but squished them together, heedless of the fact that there was more than enough room for the three of them or better yet, him moving to the passenger side would’ve been the better and easier choice. And worse than that, she felt like Kermit was throwing her looks every few seconds, trying to get her to look at him, but she stubbornly refused and kept her eyes on the passing sights as they drove.

She knew Kermit wanted to talk, could feel it from his gaze and the tension that seemed to be vibrating within him. He vaguely heard the driver trying to engage them in conversation, with Pepe mainly taking the lead and most likely talking the poor man’s ear off.

Their journey ended at the Marina Phuket Hotel, a uniquely designed resort that resembled a cruise liner. It was fancy enough to fit Piggy’s tastes, but also out of the way so she could have some peace and quiet without people coming up to her. Patong Beach was only a few minutes’ walk and there was shopping and a budding nightlife if she decided to partake. That would be a decision for later, because right now all Piggy wanted to do was go to her room close the door, order room service, and watch whatever was on the flat screen TV.

The end trip should’ve made Piggy realize the ultimate mess she was about to get in, but the combination of sleep brought on by the Ambien, the confusion as to the arrival and closeness of Kermit, and hunger had pretty much distracted her until it was too late.

The hotel was eight stories high, with the main lobby and dinning situated on the first floor, while the hotel’s claim to fame was the rooftop pool, complete with a rooftop bar called the Skyline. The lobby area was open, with the front desk welcoming guests and travelers, with lounge chairs on the right and what appeared to be the hotel restaurant down the corridor.

There were four front desk attendants behind the desk and all four greeted the Muppets as they walked in the double doors. “Hello!” greeted a young Thai woman. “Welcome to the Marina Resort!”

“Good morning, dear,” Piggy replied, returning the greeting as she walked up to the desk. “You should have a reservation for Miss Piggy.”

“Oh yes!” the young woman said, typing away on her computer. “We are so happy that you would choose the Marina for your stay. Is this your first time in Phuket?”

“It is,” the diva sighed. “Moi is looking for a little rest and relaxation.”

“Phuket is a good place for that,” the girl responded. “You and your friends will have a good time here.”

“Oh,” Piggy replied, throwing a look at Kermit. “They aren’t with me. Moi doesn’t even know what they’re doing here.” Looking at Kermit, she asked, “Don’t you have a hotel to go to?”

“No,” Kermit huffed. “Obviously if I didn’t bother to pack, I didn’t bother to get a hotel. But now would certainly be a good time to get one.” The frog went for his wallet, only to find that he didn’t have it.

Or his phone.

“Well thankfully for you,” Piggy replied, signing a few items of paperwork and having no idea of the predicament Kermit found himself in. “There are plenty of hotels on the island.”

The frog chuckled nervously. “Apparently, luggage isn’t the only thing I forgot.” Piggy looked at him in confusion. Shrugging hopelessly, he continued with, “I was trying to get a hold of you before you left, so…I must’ve walked out without my phone. And my wallet.”

“Jou don’t have to worry about a ting, boss man,” Pepe announced, stepping up to the frog and handing over both a wallet and a cell phone. “Pepe has you covered, h’okay? I gots jou a phone and a wallet.”

Kermit gave a sigh of relief. Despite his initial misgivings on having Pepe intrude on what should have been a hopeful trip with Piggy, the little prawn had actually come true when he needed him. How embarrassing would it have been if he had just flown across the globe with his wallet and…

It was at that time Kermit actually viewed the items Pepe had handed him. Neither of them, the wallet or the phone, were actually his. “Pepe!” he hissed, opening the wallet and discovering the worn and faded driver’s license of their IT guy Chip and the phone was clearly Rizzo’s, if the very inappropriate lock screen of Yolanda was anything to go on.

“These are not mine!”

“Mira,” Pepe said, holding up two of his arms in defense. “I said I gots you a phone and a wallet; I never said they were yours.”

“Oh my…” It took everything in Kermit’s power to dampen the already short fuse that was grinding down inside him, which would eventually lead to an all out meltdown of epic proportions. “It’s fine, it’s fine,” he sighed. “The simplest thing to do is just to call Scooter because Scooter will fix everything because he’s a genius and I don’t feel the urge to murder him.”

“Should be careful about that in public, Frog,” Piggy murmured. “The lobby is full of witnesses.”

Kermit ignored both the prawn and the diva in his attempts to try calling Scooter. Of course Rizzo hadn’t bothered to have the associate producer’s number in his phone – in fact, there seemed to a far bigger list of female names that Kermit didn’t recognize and wasn’t going to bother to ask – but luckily, he ended up talking to the former gofer so much that his number was muscle memory.

Punching the number in, Kermit waited for the phone to dial. And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

“What the heck?”

“What’s the problem, Kermit?” asked Pepe.

Kermit shook his head in frustration. “For some reason,” he sighed. “I can’t seem to get a signal out. It’s just dialing, but isn’t actually dialing.”

Piggy, who had been doing her best to ignore the two to the left, had been having a delightful conversation with the check in girl, inquiring about the best way to get to places and what the best sights to explore were. But as with anything that involved their little insanity ward, you couldn’t ignore the Muppets for very long.

“You won’t be able to get a signal if you aren’t equipped to call out,” she replied, matter of factly, turning a patiently annoyed look their way. “That’s probably because Rizzo, who rarely goes outside of the states, doesn’t have an international sim card. Which would, of course, allow him to call anyone, from anywhere, in the world.”

The amphibious producer could feel his short fuse getting even shorter, if not non-existent, at this point. Nothing about this was going the way he planned, but wasn’t that always the case when it came to anything he did that involved Piggy?

“I can’t deal with this right now,” he muttered, thrusting both phone and wallet back at the shrimp who had first handed them over. “Pepe, I’m sorry to ask, but let’s just get a room and I’ll pay you back once I manage to get a hold of Scooter.”

“No can do, Kermit,” Pepe admitted. “I has no money.”

“How is that possible?” Kermit asked, incredulously. “I literally just did payroll two weeks ago and you just got paid.”

Pepe shrugged. “I has a lot of bills.”

“That doesn’t seem right,” Piggy muttered. “From what Moi’s heard, Gonzo and Camilla are being total bricks about you and Rizzo not paying your rent. But if this chapter of Maniac Theater is over, Moi has to go unpack, so…good luck with whatever this is.”

Well over spent, over tired, and past the point of frustration, Kermit the Frog was at a loss. He and his unwanted guest had managed to get themselves stranded in a country they weren’t familiar with and were completely devoid of luggage, money, and even a simple way to communicate to the outside world.

This would be a horror, or on a small scale a comedy, movie if the two were abandoned by everyone they knew.

But…

Piggy’s muttered comment of them both being SOL had just come out of her mouth, as she was turning to speak to the bell hop, who offered to take her luggage up and show her to her room. She was only turning to give them a brushed off goodbye – Kermit was a resourceful frog, certainly he could figure out how to get a hold of Scooter and if not, Pepe though letcherous, could no doubt make one or two new friends just to quickly borrow their phones for Kermit…

It should’ve been the most obvious ploy, but Piggy was a bit jetlagged and hungry, so her brain never snapped that she would be the savior in this scenario; both Kermit and Pepe were looking at her, far more pleading in the frog’s eyes than she ever remembered seeing before, and their looks spelled both hopeful salvation and doom for her vacation.

“No.”

“Piggy…”

“Moi said no, Kermit!” Piggy exclaimed, narrowing her eyes at the two. “This is supposed to be Moi’s vacation. Away from you, in fact!” The flinch that crossed his face did not escape the diva’s notice; in fact, especially in cases like this, that was a sure sign it was time to go in for the kill.

“And would you like to remind the kids at home as to why Moi is here in the first place?”

And like that, the former couple were right back in the bad old days, when a simple misunderstanding or argument went wild and things were said or done that a simple apology never seemed to fix.

Throwing his hands in the air, Kermit spat, “You wanted a grand gesture, Pig! Well, here it is! A near 30 hour plane flight across the world, 6 of those spent being unable to move because you passed out on my shoulder, to a place I wasn’t even planning on coming to!”

Pepe the King Prawn, who had been silent after the whole wallet/phone fiasco, watched in stunned silence and fascination as the proverbial fireworks started. He hadn’t known the couple as long as the others in their large troupe of players, but he had seen enough to know that not only were they both crazy about each other, but they also tended to go about the wrong way of showing it.

Much like children on a playground, the two seemingly adult Muppets often acted as though Kermit had pulled Piggy’s hair and she resorted to chasing him around the schoolyard. It was a strange, yet fascinating dance the two of them performed, however as noted by their very public and heartbreaking break up, that behavior had gotten old very quick.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
“Hey, hey, hey!” he exclaimed, all four of his arms up and trying to calm down the two. “Stop. Basta, h’okay? Dis does not sound like the talk of love. Jou is supposed to hablando cosas.”

The intense staring continued, but was finally broken by the diva’s annoyed huff, as she turned back to the front desk. Both the check-in girl and the bell hop had been waiting patiently to see if the group needed anything else, without trying to look as though they were deeply invested in the argument that was happening between the frog and pig.

Which of course they were. Even Thailand knew about the big breakup and big reveal that had happened only a few days ago.

“Darling girl,” Piggy started, trying and failing to be polite when she was clearly agitated. “If Moi could trouble you for any room availability at the moment?”

“Of course, Miss Piggy!” the attendant replied, quickly checking her systems. “I will check this for you.”

Crisis averted, for the moment, Kermit took the tentative steps to stand next to the diva. She was mad, that was made perfectly clear, and she was absolutely mad at him, which was the last thing he had wanted.

It was a complete shock that he managed to get this far without realizing he didn’t have his phone or wallet, but in hindsight a number of things now started to make sense to him. The staff at the airport had been extremely helpful, even security had pretty much just waved over the security wand before letting him go, something that should have and would have never happened if his declaration of love hadn’t been broadcasted on live TV.

It wouldn’t be until much later, after Piggy saved them from this mess, that Pepe would tell him he gave a hasty explanation as he chased the frog through the airport, right as the frog was running to catch Piggy’s plane before it taxied off.

“Thanks,” he whispered, knowing that this was the worst thing to happen right now. He would need to make this up to her.

“Don’t thank me yet,” she muttered, pulling out a credit card and handing it over to the check-in girl. “Moi still has to call Scooter, so he can overnight your phone with an international sim and your wallet, so you can pay me back.” Throwing a look back at Pepe, she amended that statement with, “Both of you.”

After ten minutes were spent in the lobby, with Kermit filling out the same paperwork that Piggy had for the room he was now sharing with Pepe. He tried to keep his comments to himself, knowing that anymore from him could, most likely would, result in Piggy either karate chopping him through the front desk or straight up clocking him to the floor.

The bell hop walked them through the lobby towards the very modern elevator, making slight conversation along the way. He showed them how to use their room keys as a way to tell the elevator which floor they were, something that Kermit mentioned would no doubt interest their very tech savvy associate producer. If he hoped that would get a conversation with Piggy going, he was sadly mistaken.

Piggy was pretty much done for the morning, maybe even the day, she wasn’t sure, but she knew she was done. For the next three floors, Kermit had been trying his best to engage her in some sort of conversation, but she just couldn’t do it.

Not right now.

“Kermit,” she began, putting a heavy amount of emphasis on his name. “Not now. Moi has two things on her mind right now – unpacking and getting some food. And none of those things involve you.”

It was a harsh dismissal and the frog did his best to not take it personally, he did, but it hurt. He had to stop himself pinning this on her, because it wasn’t Piggy’s fault he’d been desperate to speak with her that he had just rushed out without his phone or wallet and it certainly wasn’t her fault that he hadn’t been able to get his act together to see what he had in front of him before he lost it.

In the past, he would’ve absolutely blamed her for all of this. Why couldn’t she just tone things down? Why did he have to make the grand gestures all the time? Why couldn’t she just do what he told her to?

Well, he actually had a girlfriend that had done exactly that.

Denise had been very low-key, down to earth, never chased after fan or anything of the sort and she would do what he asked. And he managed to mess that up too. Maybe it wasn’t the women in his life, maybe it was him.

Nothing was said until the ding of the elevator as it stopped on the fifth floor, doors opening to allow the party to walk off. The bell hop turned to their right and led them down the hall towards the row of suites on either side. “This is for you, Miss Piggy,” the bell hop replied, showing her to a door on their left. “You’re friends are in the room across the way.”

“Of course they are,” Piggy sighed, this one far deeper than her previous ones. The bellman handed over her keycard. “Fantastic. Best vacation ever.”

And that was the last thing she would say.

[hr]

The Marina basically had two different eateries within their building – a small restaurant that resided in the lobby and the Skyline bar that was situated by the rooftop pool. Kermit could only wait so long or rather, he could only pace so long in his room before his worry and determination overloaded his senses and he went in search of the pig.

He of course tried her room first, knocking tentatively and not receiving an answer, before he tried to figure out where she could possibly be. They had landed a little before lunch, so it was possible that she was up on the roof and that had been his destination until he entered the elevator.

Instead of hitting the button for the roof, he reversed course and hit the button for the lobby. He had spent a year going around her schemes, while she tried one-upping him at every turn; it would be just like her to have him think she was on the roof when she cleverly on the first floor or worse case, somewhere else entirely.

Kermit couldn’t lie; the thought that Piggy may have given him the slip or worse, would continue to do so while he was there or until he left was something that started to weigh on his mind. None of this was going the way he had planned, though was he really surprised?

Nothing ever went the way he planned when Piggy was involved.

Arriving on the first floor and stepping out of the elevator, Kermit could see the restaurant before him, with two long buffet like tables stationed in towards the door, a variety of vegetables began on the table from the left before moving over to what looked to be a drink and juice station. At the second buffet offered baked goods, like toast, croissants, and pastries.

As Kermit walked to the entrance, he tried to see if he spot Piggy, because if he couldn’t, he would have to go up to the roof. Thankfully, he was able to pick out her blonde curls in a crowd, and had several times, and he spent a moment trying to discover from his viewpoint if she was still upset.

She was sitting near the back, apart from the growing crowd of tourists. That right there showed she was most likely still peeved, as Piggy never turned down any opportunity to mingle with her fans. And if Piggy wasn’t seeing to her fans, that was a very high chance that she wasn’t going to be thrilled seeing him either.

His head chimed in that the logical thing would be to head back upstairs, let her cool off, and maybe attempt this some time. If fact, the way this trip was going, it might be better to just head back home, once he got his wallet and phone. This was a pointless endeavor and it was clear the universe was very set against him getting back together…

This was of course the point where his heart interrupted, very loudly, stating that listening to his head was the reason he was in this situation in the first place. Kermit’s heart had always been with Piggy, had always pined for her, and pretty much belonged to her; denying that had only served to get him in trouble and to bring about misery and pain.

And it was this disconnect between his head and his heart that brought him to Thailand in the first place.

He had come here to win Piggy back, to show her his could be the frog she needed him to be. That is if she took him back. Taking a deep breath, he made his way over.

The weirdest half of the morning and really, just the start of the day was finally slipping off Piggy’s shoulders. She had dropped off her luggage, leaving it on the floor in her room and had just taken a few minutes to herself. Honestly, seeing Kermit here, in the place that she had basically ran to get away from him had unnerved her and thrown her off her game.

It was made worse by the fact that she was starving and most likely dehydrated, which was giving her a headache. Once she was sure Kermit and Pepe were no where in the hallway or anywhere near her door, she made a quick escape, heading down to the lobby restaurant to get some food.

To be honest, she was happy at the ability to just pick out some food instead of waiting for an order to be taken because she needed food, like yesterday. Grabbing a plate, she mindlessly picked up a variety of the fruit and vegetables that had been laid out, followed by a piece of toast and some eggs that were being freshly made at the station at the back.

On any other day, she would’ve been happy to take a sit in the middle of the area, smiling to anyone who recognized her, but today Piggy just wanted to sit down, eat, and…try to figure out how to avoid both Kermit and Pepe for the three months she planned on being here. But as whenever she wanted some peace and quiet, the universe was determined to ruin it.

She felt him before she saw, mostly because of the way he squeezed her shoulder as he came up to the table. “Still mad at me?” he asked.

She tried not to roll her eyes and just barely managed to stop from doing so. Instead, she sighed and shook her head. “I’m not mad at you.”

“Oh good,” Kermit chuckled, though it was done without any humor. “Cause the yelling, huffing, and eye rolling would suggest otherwise.”

It was on the tip of her tongue to tell him to go, to just leave her alone and give her a moment’s peace, but something in his eyes stopped her. Motioning his head towards the unoccupied seat, Piggy instead nodding her agreement for the frog to join her, watching as he sat. “You hungry?”

“I should probably eat,” was his response, slightly muffled as he ran a hand over his face. If he was surprised when she slid one of her plates towards him. It had the remnants of what looked like some curry dish with onions and peppers; he’d have to ask what it was later, but now he surprised himself by immediately digging in, not realizing he actually was hungry.

“Careful,” Piggy quipped. “Some of that’s getting in your mouth.”

“Ha ha.”

“Where’s your shrimp in arms?”

Swallowing quickly, Kermit stated, “I honestly think he passed out as soon on he got on the bed. Thank you, by the way. Again. I know this was the last thing you wanted…”

Piggy shrugged, before looking away in embarrassment. “The last thing Moi wanted was for the two of you to be camped outside my hotel room door.”

“Like I haven’t done that before,” Kermit joked, causing her to smirk.

“That was embarrassing.”

“Got you to talk to me.”

“To keep me from calling the police.”

And just like that, they were back to joking with each other, reminiscing about their past together. At the time of that little incident, it hadn’t been quite a joke, as Kermit was trying to get her to talk to him and Piggy was being stubborn about it. He had joked that he would totally just camp outside her door and she had threatened to call the police on him.

Though they could joke about it, that was a bad moment and Kermit’s head was quick to remind him that their past relationship had been all about that, one bad moment after another and after what happened with Denise, his head was starting to see just how much he played a role in two failed relationships.

“Speaking of talking to me…”

Piggy sat back in her chair, hoping that this conversation wouldn’t take place quite so soon or maybe ever while she was here. “Kermit, I know what you want me to say,” she began, keeping eye contact with the frog on the other side of her. “And I’m not sure I can.”

“Piggy,” he tried, clearing his throat so she wouldn’t hear the desperation that had started to creep in his voice. “Listen, I…the thing with the coin flip wasn’t about…I just needed a…a boost of confidence…” She crossed her arms across her chest. “I know in the past that I’ve…I’ve gone back and forth…”

“And that’s the problem, Kermit,” the diva stated. “You’re always going back and forth, you’re always waffling! I mean, a few days ago you said you loved me on national television and then spent the next day hiding from me. You either love me or you don’t; I’m either your girlfriend or I’m not. There is no in-between with this. There can’t be.”

“I know,” he whispered. “Piggy, I know and I…”

Kermit was interrupted when one of the cooks walked over and placed a plate in front of Piggy, consisting of two waffles. “What is this?” she asked.

“Kanom rung peung,” the cook replied, smiling as he placed down a cup of their honey sauce. “Like what you would call a ‘waffle’.”

“But Moi didn’t…oh!”

It took Piggy a moment to realize what happened and she had to give the Swedish Chef kudos for knowing and anticipating her requests even when not in the same country. Nodding to the cook, Piggy smiled happily. “That wonderful man,” she replied. “Moi will have to take him to lunch. A real one, with that doesn’t talk back.”

Last edited:

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Quick commercial break to show you the Marina Phuket hotel in Phuket, Thailand

And next section, we'll continue from this scene!

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
“Piggy…”

“Kermit, can Moi please just enjoy her Thai waffles?”

“I know you don’t trust me…”

“That’s a lie,” she interrupted. “Moi does trust you, with my life.”

“Just not your heart,” he concluded.

“Can you blame me?” she asked, knowingly.

“No,” he whispered. “But…this has to mean something. You mean something to me if I’m willing to fly across the globe for you, forgetting anything of value.”

For the first time since waking up and discovering her unwanted stowaways, Piggy actually smiled. As crazy as this whole situation was, Kermit wasn’t wrong – he’d do anything for his family and friends. “You’re always willing to do anything for the people you love, Kermit,” she said, chuckling slightly. “If Denise had fled the country, you would’ve gone after her, too.”

“No, I wouldn’t have.”

There was such a serious note in his tone that Piggy couldn’t hide her surprise. She had been shocked to learn that Denise had broken up with him, especially when the two had seemed so happy together, at least to her. The ruse they had put on for Robin had reminded her of their fun times, but a relationship couldn’t survive on just fun times alone. She wasn’t even sure what to say to him now.

“There you are!”

Once again, Pepe managed to not only break up a tense conversation between them, but nearly scare them to death as he did. Unheeded by the fact that their table sat two, the king prawn immediately snatched an unused chair from another table and sat down. His movements continued before he had completely pushed himself closer, instantly grabbing the rest of Kermit’s breakfast and snatching the small plate that still had a few pieces of fruit.

“No, please. Help yourself.” Piggy deadpanned, watching as the prawn did exactly that.

“Dios mio,” Pepe said, mouth full of food that he was attempting to swallow. “Tengo mucha hambre. That was a long flight, si?”

“Can we help you with something?” Kermit asked, keeping his irritation to a minimum. “Piggy and I are in the middle of…” What they were in the middle of he couldn’t exactly say, but it was something that would probably take more than just breakfast.

“Perfecto!” Pepe exclaimed. “Mira, there’s a nice romantic spa and nice romantic restaurants in the place, h’okay? It gives you both some tiempo de amor, si?”

“No,” Piggy stated. “Moi is going to go back to her room, possibly take a nap or watch TV, and go to the spa. By myself, so please feel free to not find me.” Pushing her chair back, she stood, slapping Pepe’s hand away as he went to grab her last remaining plate.

“The waffles come with me.”

[hr]

A spa was exactly what Piggy needed.

The hotel spa was also located on the first floor, to the right of the front desk. The spa had a variety of different features, including the traditional Thai massage that Piggy had splurged on the moment she booked the hotel. There was something therapeutic about releasing tension and stress, something Piggy didn’t fully understand until she was knee deep in doing a live theater show, then movies, then running her own department for an international magazine.

The traditional massage had led her to the foot massage, which had led to a lovely sit in the personal sauna. Feeling more than relaxed, the diva had dreamily made her way back upstairs to her room and the softness of her queen sized bed. The large flat screen on the opposite wall was screaming to be watched and that was going to be done as soon she managed to move her body from the prone state she had landed in.

The best part of a glorious spa day was the way your body completely relaxed, no troubles to bother it, and the gentle way your thoughts and concerns could drift away was paramount. Unfortunately, that was also the worst part about letting your mind wander is that it never wanders where you want it to.

In the relax state she was in, her brain decided to try and decode what exactly had happened that morning and why Kermit the Frog would fly all the way to Thailand. Yes, the frog had said he was there for her and while he hadn’t said it out – or rather, she hadn’t given him the opportunity – that he was hoping to give their relationship another try, she had know that was the conversation he had wanted to have.

But Piggy didn’t spend the better part of a year getting herself over Kermit, over seeing him with Denise, to just run back into his arms. She wasn’t kidding earlier – Kermit flip flopped so much, he more resembled a captured fish on the deck of a boat than the actual frog he was. That might be fine and dandy for politics, but it was a lousy way to be in a relationship. But she hadn’t lied to Deadly either – she did still love Kermit, would always love him, but they had been awful, were awful, to each other.

This was possibly the first time in, maybe ever, that the two had been friends, actual friends and…to be honest, Piggy wasn’t sure she wanted to lose that. Not if it meant going back to what they had been before. With her mind back in turmoil, Piggy could feel the tension starting to creep back into her shoulders, so she ended up just doing what she said she would. Grabbing her phone from the bedside table, she began to send out a text.

Divine Miss P: Hey. So your idiot boss went and flew to another country without his wallet and phone.

Boy Wonder: Well, that would explain why when I tried calling him, it rang from his office. So he’s there with you?

Divine Miss P: Yes. Along with Pepe.

Boy Wonder: Why is Pepe there?

Divine Miss P: I don’t know, I didn’t ask and I don’t plan on asking. Be a brick and overnight the frog’s phone and wallet. And probably some luggage so he doesn’t look like a complete weirdo. Speaking of…

Boy Wonder: Yeah, I’ll get Gonzo to grab Pepe’s stuff too. I’m on it.

Divine Miss P: That’s my boy.

Boy Wonder: Always. ❤ Are you and Kermit okay?

Divine Miss P: Moi and Kermit are physically fine.

Boy Wonder: That’s not what I’m asking.

Divine Miss P: Yes. I know. Get on that for me, Andrew.

Boy Wonder: Sure thing. Be safe.

After texting Scooter, Piggy immediately sent one off to Deadly.

Divine Miss P: Moi is in the most beautiful city in the world, my room is spacious, and Kermit James Frog is in the hotel room across from mine.

Uncle D: I wondered where he had gone off to. So your knight in green armor managed to chase you down to Thailand. And how will you proceed?

Divine Miss P: That’s a good question. I’m honestly thinking about sneaking out tonight and heading for anywhere else.

Uncle D: Well that doesn’t sound like the fierce diva I know. Who are you and where is Miss Piggy?

Divine Miss P: Hilarious. How have you never been a guest?

Uncle D: Horrible oversight.

Divine Miss P: Apparently. Any thoughts?

Uncle D: Many and several can not be said via text or probably phone in case the frog is in range.

Divine Miss P: I know you don’t like him…

Uncle D: On the contrary, I find him to be a competent leader and decent person. I, and others, just aren’t sure what exactly his head is at when it comes to you.

Divine Miss P: So what do I do, D?

Uncle D: I’d say follow your heart, but that tends to get you both into trouble. I say give the frog a chance, a last one, to see if he’s actually able to follow through.

Divine Miss P: Haven’t I done this before?

Uncle D: That’s why I said ‘last’, darling. And do be clear about that. This is the end of the road for him. You are a queen and you deserve a king, not the knight who is going to betray you at the first chance.

Divine Miss P: Moi takes it that you’re doing a rewatch of Merlin. Without me.

Uncle D: It’s Anthony Head, Piggy. I can watch the series a thousand times over. I’ve already done so with Buffy. You know, young Scooter is quite the fan, did you know that?

Divine Miss P: Oh, I know. 😊 Thank you, BTW. For a lot of things. How’re the babies?

Uncle D: Furry and playful and the bane of my existence.

Divine Miss P: Gloria Estevan loves you.

Uncle D: I know she does.

Divine Miss P: Talking about my penguin, babe.

[hr]

Last edited:

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Again, sorry about the wait. Had many an event happening this week, but I have been working on this, so here is the next section!

Morning came with a beautiful sunrise, one that Kermit could see from his window as it peaked through the blinds. Having been an early riser since childhood, Kermit’s own internal clock seemed off, mostly likely because of the time change, but he still managed to wake up right as the sun was staring to rise on the horizon.

Pepe was still sleeping, murmurs softly tumbling from his lips. The day before had been exhausting for the frog – not only did his plans for speaking with Piggy not go the way he had wanted, Pepe seemed determined to find out everything he could about the previous relationship between the two. The king prawn had wanted to know just about every moment the two spent together – their first date, most romantic dinner, most romantic gift, etc.

Kermit had been annoyed by the questions, but Pepe had gotten around that by asking the same things about him and Denise; while that was a tour de force of remembrances of his past failed relationships, it did bring up something that the frog hadn’t known or maybe even noticed – he remembered a lot more events with Piggy than he did with Denise.

That wasn’t to say that Kermit didn’t like Denise, he did clearly, but it hadn’t been the same thing he’d had with Piggy and maybe that’s where the problems lay between them. In hindsight, he shouldn’t have rushed into a relationship so quickly after breaking up with the diva, but she hadn’t exactly made it easy, taking up with any handsome guy she came across.

Now Kermit knew Piggy, knew she was a flirt and had the act down to a tee and a half, and he knew – he knew! – there had never been anything to it, as much as she liked to play it up in the papers. He knew that. But sometimes his heart clinched when watching her with some other man and then he saw red. So if his head knew that nothing had happened between her and Nate Fillion or Josh Groban, his heart had pounded loudly in his ears and it had wanted to hurt her as much as she was hurting him.

It was a horrible game they played with each other and one that, deep in the dark of their own minds his was sure, the shame of their actions hid until they were alone and realized how stupid and very inconsiderate they were being, not only to each other but the people they ended ensnaring in their love and war battlefield.

Sitting and stewing in his room wasn’t doing him any favors, so Kermit grabbed his key card and walked out, careful not to wake the still sleeping prawn. So preoccupied with his thoughts, Kermit hadn’t really had the chance to look around the hotel past arriving at his room and finding Piggy down in the hotel restaurant. He vaguely remembered Pepe mentioning the rooftop pool bar, so Kermit decided to start there, if just to see the beautiful start of the morning.

Turning to his left, the frog made his way down the hall towards the elevator, only sparing a quick glance at the closed door on his right as he did so, and took the sleek machine up to the roof.

Despite the hostility she may have thrown at him, them, Piggy had still managed to get them a very nice suite and she had of course booked herself in a premiere hotel.
The roof pool and bar were actually better than Pepe had tried to explain it – the hotel itself was shaped like a boat and therefore, the front sides of the hotel roof was just a giant Olympic sized pool that wrapped around, complete with lounge chairs both around and in the pool itself.

There was a large conference room to the right and the bar seemed to be set towards the back alcove, allowing people to enjoy themselves at the bar or nearby. The hallways leading into the gym and the spa were also close, along with a small restaurant. And while this would’ve kept the frog’s attention, he was mostly struck by the amazing view.

The sun was almost midway in the sky, but it cast a brilliant view over the city of Phuket, highlighting the city and the mountains to the east and west. The city below was starting to come to life and Kermit could see the ocean of the beaches in the distance. Even when on vacation, Piggy had expert taste.

“Enjoying the view?”

Kermit turned to look him, only slightly surprised that Piggy would find him first. She was dressed down, though for Piggy that often meant just being slightly less glamorous than she normally was; the morning’s ensemble was a crisp button down white shirt – that he was almost sure had been his at one point – blue jean capris, and her blonde locks held in a tight ponytail.

Kermit always loved it when she dressed this way, letting her proverbial hair down, and being more relaxed when she was just Piggy and not the always on Miss Piggy.

“I am now,” he replied, smiling slightly, noticing the slight tinge of red that started to color her cheeks. He watched as she joined him before turning back to watch the day begin.

“You’re up early.”

“So are you,” he countered.

Piggy smirked. “Yeah, well,” she began. “I dated this guy forever who just happened to be an early riser. I tend to be if Moi has to be, but…”

Kermit nodded, his smile never wavering. Piggy grew up on a farm, even if it hadn’t been the big deal some wanted to make it as such, so of course she’d be used to waking up early and certainly, he’d known her to sometimes be up before him when they had been dating. That triggered a question he’d had when they first started the show, actually.

“If you’re always up this early,” he joked, throwing her a look. “Then how come you’re never on the lot in the mornings?”

It was supposed to be a joke, but as most of their conversions as of late, there was something uncomfortable underneath. Piggy crossed her arms before turning slightly to him with a knowing look. “You know why.”

Actually, Kermit didn’t know why, at least until his recent conversation with Pepe popped in his mind. Denise was also an early morning riser and was usually on set working around the time Kermit and Scooter pulled up. Of course Piggy didn’t want to be on set if she had to watch the two of them together and being near Kermit after their break up was always out of the question.

The two stood together in compatible silence, before turning to each other to speak. “Hey, listen, do you…?”

“Have you…?”

“Go ahead.”

“No, no, you…you first.”

“I was just…” Kermit began, before chuckling and looking away nervously. This was awkward, far more awkward than it really should’ve been. Shaking his head, he murmured, “When did talking to each other get so awkward?”

Piggy snorted. “You mean when did our normal talking get awkward?” she asked, chuckling. “Cause we normally speak in arguments.”

“We didn’t argue that much…”

Piggy gave him a look.

“Yeah, yeah,” he grumbled. He hated to admit it, but yes they did argue quite a lot, which he had hated for the most part and which his head was always reminding him. No couple could fight the way they could and it was honestly disturbing. “Anyway,” he continued. “Completely off topic, I was gonna ask what you had planned today.”

“Moi hasn’t even thought that far,” she replied. “It is a vacation, so I should probably be taking advantage of that.”

“I ran into one of the employees yesterday and he mentioned a tour that comes by.” He shrugged. “It’s your first time here, so you should see all the sights. I’ll…I’ll keep Pepe distracted so you can enjoy your vacation.”

“What about…” Piggy gestured between them.

He was at a lost as to what he should say. He had come all this way to try and talk to Piggy, but Pepe’s unexpected arrival and very intrusive questioning had managed to knock him for a bit of a loop. He knew what Piggy was asking; she wasn’t asking about what he had wanted to tell her, she was asking if he planned on following through on his ludicrous idea that had brought him here in the first place.

“Don’t worry about it,” he whispered. “This is your vacation and…you should be enjoying it, like I said. We…we can…” Kermit wanted to say that they had time, but they didn’t, did they? Or rather, he didn’t. He had been very conflicted over Piggy, his heart wanting one thing and his head telling him something else. Kind of like now, where his head told him Piggy could do so much better and his heart telling him he had to let her go in order to save his sanity.

“Ever been to Thailand?”

“What?”

“Have you,” she repeated. “Kermit the Frog, ever been to Thailand?”

Kermit gave her a look. “You know the answer to that.”

“Then vous should come with,” she stated. “Me, I mean. On this tour. Only so you and Pepe can find a completely different hotel, of course.”

The frog nodded. “Maybe…maybe we could have lunch? No…no deep discussions, just a friendly lunch.” He looked at her. “If you wanted to.”

“Okay.”

[hr]

Two days later

Thailand was a dream and for a few hours at day, it almost felt like things go back to the way they had been in the before times. Kermit couldn’t remember the last time he’d so much fun with Piggy and it wasn’t long before his heart was starting to lead most of his actions.

The diva too was starting to feel the familiar pull that always happened whenever she and Kermit spent a significant amount of time together. It had only been three days and already her heart was falling down the same rabbit hole.

And it probably would have continued like this except for the fly in the ointment, as the saying goes. And that fly was a king prawn named Pepe.

To his credit and as the captain of Team Love, Pepe took his position seriously. He had fought everyone on Team Friendship, countering all of their arguments as to why Kermit and Piggy should just continue being friends, especially from those who had seen their relationship flare up and crash down. And because he was the champion for love everywhere, Pepe made it his mission to ensure these two crazy kids realized just how well suited they were to each other.

The problem was, he was not only getting in the way but driving them crazy.

That first day had started with him jumping out of nowhere on the plane before quizzing Kermit on everything that made up his relationship with both Piggy and Denise; upon waking up the next morning, he immediately planned a romantic tour for the two only to discover they had already gone on a tour, with several other people who had been just so happy to spend the day with Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy.

Not to be outdone or denied, Pepe had already gone ahead and reserved the two a romantic dinner at Mom Tri’s Kitchen, set in the nearby Villa Royale by Kata Noi Beach. Thankfully, Kermit’s phone, wallet, and luggage had all arrived, with apparently some evening wear; the frog might not have been able to call out from Rizzo’s phone, but the king prawn had certainly been able to send out a text and email to Gonzo to have Scooter send the frog the best of suits.

Pepe had pretty thought and set up everything. He’d planned for romantic walks on the nearby Kata Beach, made reservations for romantic breakfasts, lunches, and dinners; he studied Piggy’s schedule down to the very letter to ensure that if Kermit missed her for whatever reason, she would receive a special meal or sexy note, all from the frog.

And this too would’ve been the most perfect of plans if Kermit and Piggy weren’t determined to undermine his efforts at every turn.

The king prawn had known from the very moment Piggy had stormed out of the studio and off the lot, with Kermit in delayed pursuit, that he would need to watch those two like Sam the Hawkman watched their tapings. So wherever those two went, Pepe was right there, watching in delighted glee, with a front row seat to them falling in love again.

Only…that wasn’t happening.

Not only were Kermit and Piggy not cuddling up to each other or making goo-goo eyes at each other, they seemed to be distracted by outside forces. From his vantage point, the two seemed heavily invested in their phones than each other; that seemed to be true for Piggy, who was constantly texting or calling someone. Not that Kermit was any better; more than once, Pepe had caught his end of the conversation and it was always about the show, the show that was on hiatus and didn’t need to be worried about.

Of course, the team captain wasn’t aware that he was also an outside distraction, as he didn’t seem to be hiding the fact that he was clearly following and stalking the two regardless of where they were. In fact, outside of that first day alone, both Kermit and Piggy were very aware and very annoyed at the smaller Muppet’s continued presence no matter where they looked.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Again, sorry about the wait. Had many an event happening this week, but I have been working on this, so here is the next section!

Morning came with a beautiful sunrise, one that Kermit could see from his window as it peaked through the blinds. Having been an early riser since childhood, Kermit’s own internal clock seemed off, mostly likely because of the time change, but he still managed to wake up right as the sun was staring to rise on the horizon.

Pepe was still sleeping, murmurs softly tumbling from his lips. The day before had been exhausting for the frog – not only did his plans for speaking with Piggy not go the way he had wanted, Pepe seemed determined to find out everything he could about the previous relationship between the two. The king prawn had wanted to know just about every moment the two spent together – their first date, most romantic dinner, most romantic gift, etc.

Kermit had been annoyed by the questions, but Pepe had gotten around that by asking the same things about him and Denise; while that was a tour de force of remembrances of his past failed relationships, it did bring up something that the frog hadn’t known or maybe even noticed – he remembered a lot more events with Piggy than he did with Denise.

That wasn’t to say that Kermit didn’t like Denise, he did clearly, but it hadn’t been the same thing he’d had with Piggy and maybe that’s where the problems lay between them. In hindsight, he shouldn’t have rushed into a relationship so quickly after breaking up with the diva, but she hadn’t exactly made it easy, taking up with any handsome guy she came across.

Now Kermit knew Piggy, knew she was a flirt and had the act down to a tee and a half, and he knew – he knew! – there had never been anything to it, as much as she liked to play it up in the papers. He knew that. But sometimes his heart clinched when watching her with some other man and then he saw red. So if his head knew that nothing had happened between her and Nate Fillion or Josh Groban, his heart had pounded loudly in his ears and it had wanted to hurt her as much as she was hurting him.

It was a horrible game they played with each other and one that, deep in the dark of their own minds his was sure, the shame of their actions hid until they were alone and realized how stupid and very inconsiderate they were being, not only to each other but the people they ended ensnaring in their love and war battlefield.

Sitting and stewing in his room wasn’t doing him any favors, so Kermit grabbed his key card and walked out, careful not to wake the still sleeping prawn. So preoccupied with his thoughts, Kermit hadn’t really had the chance to look around the hotel past arriving at his room and finding Piggy down in the hotel restaurant. He vaguely remembered Pepe mentioning the rooftop pool bar, so Kermit decided to start there, if just to see the beautiful start of the morning.

Turning to his left, the frog made his way down the hall towards the elevator, only sparing a quick glance at the closed door on his right as he did so, and took the sleek machine up to the roof.

Despite the hostility she may have thrown at him, them, Piggy had still managed to get them a very nice suite and she had of course booked herself in a premiere hotel.
The roof pool and bar were actually better than Pepe had tried to explain it – the hotel itself was shaped like a boat and therefore, the front sides of the hotel roof was just a giant Olympic sized pool that wrapped around, complete with lounge chairs both around and in the pool itself.

There was a large conference room to the right and the bar seemed to be set towards the back alcove, allowing people to enjoy themselves at the bar or nearby. The hallways leading into the gym and the spa were also close, along with a small restaurant. And while this would’ve kept the frog’s attention, he was mostly struck by the amazing view.

The sun was almost midway in the sky, but it cast a brilliant view over the city of Phuket, highlighting the city and the mountains to the east and west. The city below was starting to come to life and Kermit could see the ocean of the beaches in the distance. Even when on vacation, Piggy had expert taste.

“Enjoying the view?”

Kermit turned to look him, only slightly surprised that Piggy would find him first. She was dressed down, though for Piggy that often meant just being slightly less glamorous than she normally was; the morning’s ensemble was a crisp button down white shirt – that he was almost sure had been his at one point – blue jean capris, and her blonde locks held in a tight ponytail.

Kermit always loved it when she dressed this way, letting her proverbial hair down, and being more relaxed when she was just Piggy and not the always on Miss Piggy.

“I am now,” he replied, smiling slightly, noticing the slight tinge of red that started to color her cheeks. He watched as she joined him before turning back to watch the day begin.

“You’re up early.”

“So are you,” he countered.

Piggy smirked. “Yeah, well,” she began. “I dated this guy forever who just happened to be an early riser. I tend to be if Moi has to be, but…”

Kermit nodded, his smile never wavering. Piggy grew up on a farm, even if it hadn’t been the big deal some wanted to make it as such, so of course she’d be used to waking up early and certainly, he’d known her to sometimes be up before him when they had been dating. That triggered a question he’d had when they first started the show, actually.

“If you’re always up this early,” he joked, throwing her a look. “Then how come you’re never on the lot in the mornings?”

It was supposed to be a joke, but as most of their conversions as of late, there was something uncomfortable underneath. Piggy crossed her arms before turning slightly to him with a knowing look. “You know why.”

Actually, Kermit didn’t know why, at least until his recent conversation with Pepe popped in his mind. Denise was also an early morning riser and was usually on set working around the time Kermit and Scooter pulled up. Of course Piggy didn’t want to be on set if she had to watch the two of them together and being near Kermit after their break up was always out of the question.

The two stood together in compatible silence, before turning to each other to speak. “Hey, listen, do you…?”

“Have you…?”

“Go ahead.”

“No, no, you…you first.”

“I was just…” Kermit began, before chuckling and looking away nervously. This was awkward, far more awkward than it really should’ve been. Shaking his head, he murmured, “When did talking to each other get so awkward?”

Piggy snorted. “You mean when did our normal talking get awkward?” she asked, chuckling. “Cause we normally speak in arguments.”

“We didn’t argue that much…”

Piggy gave him a look.

“Yeah, yeah,” he grumbled. He hated to admit it, but yes they did argue quite a lot, which he had hated for the most part and which his head was always reminding him. No couple could fight the way they could and it was honestly disturbing. “Anyway,” he continued. “Completely off topic, I was gonna ask what you had planned today.”

“Moi hasn’t even thought that far,” she replied. “It is a vacation, so I should probably be taking advantage of that.”

“I ran into one of the employees yesterday and he mentioned a tour that comes by.” He shrugged. “It’s your first time here, so you should see all the sights. I’ll…I’ll keep Pepe distracted so you can enjoy your vacation.”

“What about…” Piggy gestured between them.

He was at a lost as to what he should say. He had come all this way to try and talk to Piggy, but Pepe’s unexpected arrival and very intrusive questioning had managed to knock him for a bit of a loop. He knew what Piggy was asking; she wasn’t asking about what he had wanted to tell her, she was asking if he planned on following through on his ludicrous idea that had brought him here in the first place.

“Don’t worry about it,” he whispered. “This is your vacation and…you should be enjoying it, like I said. We…we can…” Kermit wanted to say that they had time, but they didn’t, did they? Or rather, he didn’t. He had been very conflicted over Piggy, his heart wanting one thing and his head telling him something else. Kind of like now, where his head told him Piggy could do so much better and his heart telling him he had to let her go in order to save his sanity.

“Ever been to Thailand?”

“What?”

“Have you,” she repeated. “Kermit the Frog, ever been to Thailand?”

Kermit gave her a look. “You know the answer to that.”

“Then vous should come with,” she stated. “Me, I mean. On this tour. Only so you and Pepe can find a completely different hotel, of course.”

The frog nodded. “Maybe…maybe we could have lunch? No…no deep discussions, just a friendly lunch.” He looked at her. “If you wanted to.”

“Okay.”

[hr]

Two days later

Thailand was a dream and for a few hours at day, it almost felt like things go back to the way they had been in the before times. Kermit couldn’t remember the last time he’d so much fun with Piggy and it wasn’t long before his heart was starting to lead most of his actions.

The diva too was starting to feel the familiar pull that always happened whenever she and Kermit spent a significant amount of time together. It had only been three days and already her heart was falling down the same rabbit hole.

And it probably would have continued like this except for the fly in the ointment, as the saying goes. And that fly was a king prawn named Pepe.

To his credit and as the captain of Team Love, Pepe took his position seriously. He had fought everyone on Team Friendship, countering all of their arguments as to why Kermit and Piggy should just continue being friends, especially from those who had seen their relationship flare up and crash down. And because he was the champion for love everywhere, Pepe made it his mission to ensure these two crazy kids realized just how well suited they were to each other.

The problem was, he was not only getting in the way but driving them crazy.

That first day had started with him jumping out of nowhere on the plane before quizzing Kermit on everything that made up his relationship with both Piggy and Denise; upon waking up the next morning, he immediately planned a romantic tour for the two only to discover they had already gone on a tour, with several other people who had been just so happy to spend the day with Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy.

Not to be outdone or denied, Pepe had already gone ahead and reserved the two a romantic dinner at Mom Tri’s Kitchen, set in the nearby Villa Royale by Kata Noi Beach. Thankfully, Kermit’s phone, wallet, and luggage had all arrived, with apparently some evening wear; the frog might not have been able to call out from Rizzo’s phone, but the king prawn had certainly been able to send out a text and email to Gonzo to have Scooter send the frog the best of suits.

Pepe had pretty thought and set up everything. He’d planned for romantic walks on the nearby Kata Beach, made reservations for romantic breakfasts, lunches, and dinners; he studied Piggy’s schedule down to the very letter to ensure that if Kermit missed her for whatever reason, she would receive a special meal or sexy note, all from the frog.

And this too would’ve been the most perfect of plans if Kermit and Piggy weren’t determined to undermine his efforts at every turn.

The king prawn had known from the very moment Piggy had stormed out of the studio and off the lot, with Kermit in delayed pursuit, that he would need to watch those two like Sam the Hawkman watched their tapings. So wherever those two went, Pepe was right there, watching in delighted glee, with a front row seat to them falling in love again.

Only…that wasn’t happening.

Not only were Kermit and Piggy not cuddling up to each other or making goo-goo eyes at each other, they seemed to be distracted by outside forces. From his vantage point, the two seemed heavily invested in their phones than each other; that seemed to be true for Piggy, who was constantly texting or calling someone. Not that Kermit was any better; more than once, Pepe had caught his end of the conversation and it was always about the show, the show that was on hiatus and didn’t need to be worried about.

Of course, the team captain wasn’t aware that he was also an outside distraction, as he didn’t seem to be hiding the fact that he was clearly following and stalking the two regardless of where they were. In fact, outside of that first day alone, both Kermit and Piggy were very aware and very annoyed at the smaller Muppet’s continued presence no matter where they looked.
So far so good. I like that commercial reference, especially because I remember seeing "Because.... Love" with a super long commercial break. I was so ticked off about that. I really need to get TiVo.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
So far so good. I like that commercial reference, especially because I remember seeing "Because.... Love" with a super long commercial break. I was so ticked off about that. I really need to get TiVo.
Glad you like it!

The commercial breaks are obviously cause I have stuff going on IRL, like work and stuffs, but...BUT I'm really hoping that I can maybe do one or two of these a month, so we have somewhat of a seasonal feel. If I plan this right, the actual winter break story will actually happen during December. Cross your fingers!

Anyway, I'm working on this as we speak, so expect something new later in the week!