We need Muppets in Kingdom Hearts

Skywalker82

Reaction score
Disney does own Muppet rights now and i think they should be a KH game with animal as a summon.

Maybe have Miss Piggy as a fighter against the heartless and Doc Hopper as the villain and in a contraption.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm of two minds on The Muppets being included in KH3.

On the one hand, I like what was posted in an article at Filmforce talking about various franchises that "could" be included in the game now, as a protected realm similar to the Hundred Acre Woods, where you have to complete some sort of sidequest, as a palate clenser to the rest of the epic chaos taking place as the main story in the rest of the realms.

Then again, I also think that there could be some gameplay taking place at the theater with minimal Heartless involvement to get rid of the few variants that show up and have to search to seal the heart/keyhole of the realm. I mean, a couple of Heartless commandeering the balcony box, watching over the show just intimidating the performers... Maybe a few Heartless crawling about in the backstage or creeping onto the stage as an unintended part of the act that ends quickly... Something like that, dunno, it could work either way. Or Disney could decide to keep The Muppets as a franchise for its more family-friendly Disney Infinity instead.

Iscah

Reaction score
I'd like to see the Muppets world being a "neighbouring kingdom" to Disney Castle. Mickey and Kermit are friends, so that can carry over to the KH universe. The world could have the castle on one side and the Muppet Show theatre on the other.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Or Disney could decide to keep The Muppets as a franchise for its more family-friendly Disney Infinity instead.
The Muppets should be in DI instead of KH for 2 reasons.

1...Hey! Kermit the frog and Animal toys!

2 is much more complicated.

You see, Kingdom Hearts is a Japanese video game series, and a very Japanese one at that. And while Disney movies and Mickey characters are hugely popular over there, The Muppets outside of Sesame Street (which is huge over there) aren't really a thing in Japan. Sure, they've dubbed the movies and maybe had one or two of the TV shows, but it's one of those cultural translation things. It's the equivalent of how these cheap little Pokemon/Yugioh knockoffs (Beyblade and the like) are popular (supposedly) with kids in the Western world when they're barely popular at that in their native country while long lasting, iconic mainstays like Anpanman, Tensai Bakabon, and Doraemon (which we only got a dub of last year and it isn't exactly blazing trails) usually never get imported due to weird cultural bits that we don't get. It's also the reason why we didn't even get the Asterix animated movie made specifically for the US market (pop culture gags, changed terminology, American voice actors they animated directly from). Some stuff just doesn't take. And unfortunately, the Muppets are one of them.

To drive the point home, you know what they picked for the next KH game? Big Hero 6, a film that, while it had a slow opening due to being released in that country opposite a gigantic kids' franchise from their own country, managed to gain popularity in the long run. In other words, something they know about, heard of, and is popular enough to be exciting.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I know this thread is old, but I wish to comment anyway.

I actually wrote a fan fic about this years ago. It's not really that good, but still the thought process is there.

According to this wiki article, Muppet studios is suppose to be in Kingdom Hearts III.

http://kingdomheartsfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_Studios

However, I hate to be the one to burst anyone's bubble. But I am 99.9% sure this has no bias and isn't true. I would love to see the Muppets in Kingdom Hearts, but I very much don't see it happening.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Reads the link provided above... It says "KingdomHeartsFanon"?
That explains it. A "Fanon" Wiki isn't cannon, it's just a depository for fan-created stuff, be it characters or stories or plots or speculation.

Thanks for the heads up regarding this though. :shifty:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
*Reads the link provided above... It says "KingdomHeartsFanon"?
That explains it. A "Fanon" Wiki isn't cannon, it's just a depository for fan-created stuff, be it characters or stories or plots or speculation.

Thanks for the heads up regarding this though. :shifty:
Didn't catch that, but as I said I figured it wasn't true.