We Need Another Movie

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I disagree I loved Muppets 2011 and Muppets Most Wanted I felt like both movies felt like Classic Muppets Movies!
What GuySmileyfan means is that MMW didn't pull in the same amount of revenue that TM2011 did. It was therefore considered a "flop" by Disney.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
What GuySmileyfan means is that MMW didn't pull in the same amount of revenue that TM2011 did. It was therefore considered a "flop" by Disney.
And I was mad it got flop. I don't know what movie that Muppets Most Wanted was competiting, but whatever movie is, I blame on it.

JT Yorke

Reaction score
I might be naive, but MMW did make profit right?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I might be naive, but MMW did make profit right?
I really don't know how things work, but MMW made

$51 million in the United states and Canada & $80 million worldwide on a $50 million budget. Counting all the money they spent on promotion and all the money they made on DVD sales, I'd say they probably broke even or made a bit of profit. Again, I have no idea.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Yea I don't get that I thought they were Great Wonderful Muppet Movies, The Quality had nothing to do with it. May be kids just don't dig The Muppets anymore, may be poor marketing by Disney? I don't know, I don't get It?

KrazyJoe

Reaction score
I still can't understand why Most Wanted didn't perform better at the box office. It's so good. When i first saw it, I thought it wasn't quite as good as the 2011 film, but in repeat viewings I think it may actually be even better and even funnier.

I think part of the problem was the time of year. The 2011 film opened at Thanksgiving and family films usually do well in the summer and holidays. Most Wanted came out in March at a time when not a lot of people were going to the movies...and those who did all seemed to be going to Divergent :frown:

In any event, YES...I want a new movie!

(and bring back Johnny Fiama and Digit!)

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
I just wanted to say that I saw Muppets Most Wanted on opening day because I was SO excited to see it and the theater was packed.

It made the experience for me better because it made it realized there were Muppet Fans out there and got into some conversations with them while waiting in line.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I just wanted to say that I saw Muppets Most Wanted on opening day because I was SO excited to see it and the theater was packed.

It made the experience for me better because it made it realized there were Muppet Fans out there and got into some conversations with them while waiting in line.
When I went to see it, the theater was completely empty. However, when I saw The Muppets opening week, the theater was packed, and everyone seemed to love the movie, which made it especially exciting for me, especially since it was the first Muppet movie I ever saw in theaters. Not to mention, my little brother, who was only one at the time, actually sat through the entire movie.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I still can't understand why Most Wanted didn't perform better at the box office. It's so good. When i first saw it, I thought it wasn't quite as good as the 2011 film, but in repeat viewings I think it may actually be even better and even funnier.

I think part of the problem was the time of year. The 2011 film opened at Thanksgiving and family films usually do well in the summer and holidays. Most Wanted came out in March at a time when not a lot of people were going to the movies...and those who did all seemed to be going to Divergent :frown:

In any event, YES...I want a new movie!

(and bring back Johnny Fiama and Digit!)
Eh, people just watched the first one because of (insert celebrity cameo) and it was also their big "comeback" movie. I guess one muppet movie is enough for the public :frown:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
When I went to see it, the theater was completely empty. However, when I saw The Muppets opening week, the theater was packed, and everyone seemed to love the movie, which made it especially exciting for me, especially since it was the first Muppet movie I ever saw in theaters. Not to mention, my little brother, who was only one at the time, actually sat through the entire movie.

Same here the 100% same experience the first one was packed and MMW I watched on an empty theater both times i watched it