Was there ever a full official DVD release?

sknaster

Reaction score
Dear Muppet Show gurus,

I'm sure you've seen the ads on the internet for "the complete Muppet Show, 10 DVDs, 5 seasons, 120 episodes". I assume this is a bootleg, is that right? (Especially since there were more seasons and episodes than that.) And if it is, was there ever an officially released box set of all the episodes? My wife swears she saw an ad on an official ITN site a year or two ago showing the full set.

I researched around the internet for awhile and couldn't find a definitive answer, so I'm hoping you folks will know.

Thanks,
Scott

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Scott, and welcome to the craziness here at Muppet Central. To answer your questions...

1 Though you may think differently, there were indeed only a total of five seasons of The Muppet Show, and 120 episodes in those five seasons at a rate of twenty-four per year.
2 There was an advertisement posted here recently offering all 120 episodes on a ten-disc set. However, that advertisement was a bootleg/bogus commercial.
3 There are however two different releases you might be interested.
Time-Life Videos released a total of fifteen volumes in their The Best of The Muppet Show series, with three episodes per disc, including introductions by Brian Henson.
Additionally, Disney has released the entire Muppet Show Season 1 on DVD as a normally released boxset and a special collector's edition boxset, with some edit cuts. The entire Season 2 boxset will be released this year on August 7.

Hope this helps, and if you're looking to get copies of all TMS episodes, do a bit of talking with some of the tape traders in the Buy/Sell/Trade or B/S/T section of the forum.