Was Jim in Ernest Goes to Camp?

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Yeah, most likely. But I am excited to see if Jim Henson really is in this.

Reaction score
IMDB isn't 100% trustable. They said Ronald McDonald was in Mac and Me in 1988. Well I wasn't born then. So I havent seen the Movie. I havent a clue.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Actually Ronald McDonald was in Mac and Me. The whole movie was basically a big commercial for McDonalds and Ronald's House, so it's not too surprising.

practicecactus

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
Mac and Me ,The movie, was basically a big commercial for McDonalds and Ronald's House .
I never noticed that, but now that you mention it, it does make sense.
:eek:

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Similarly, the 1995 film "Bye Bye Love" was also a big ol' commercial for McDonalds, though to a slightly lesser extent. Much of the film's action takes place at McDonalds, with a group of single dads taking their kids there on the weekends, and two of the main characters are McDonalds employees.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Alright kids; I've now thuroughly analyzed this movie, fine-combing ever scene with miners therein. The only way Jim Henson is in "Ernest Goes to Camp" is if he was only shot from the back, or was very, VERY far in the background for the entire thing. Unfortunately, none of the miners are credited, so I couldn't cross-ref them. The only person that looks remotely like Jim (though there's no shortage of bearded miners, which made it a bit of a challenge for me), is this guy. Clearly not James Maury Henson:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/numbfingers/notjim.jpg

Perhaps I'll make this known to IMDB.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Cantus, I can sleep at night again. This was driving me mad!

SlamPot

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
He's also listed as starring as a "man on the phone" in the 1985 film "Into The Night". I never saw this, but did Jim have somewhat of an obscure acting career?
Very obscure muppet-related fact. In "Into The Night" Jim makes a short appearance. He's just a guy who is making a phone call when somebody grabs the phone away from him. John Landis loves to use famous people in cameo roles. In the same movie there is an announcement on an airport loudspeaker system asking for "Frank Oznavitch" - which is Frank Oz's real name.
In another great John Landis film - the Blues Brothers - Frank Oz plays the grim-faced property officer in the opening prison scenes.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Never saw "Into the Night" so that's pretty cool and I'll check that out. I knew about the Blues Bros. thing though and seeing it as a kid and saying, "Hey waitaminute, I know that guy!"