Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I mean, I guess. It's another Elmo-centric release, though. I'm 99% certain it's because their home video sales have been in the decline (as has virtually every other company) and they know Elmo is a sure-fire thing to attract sales*.

*Funny enough, I was at the MOMI exhibit today and a youngster was able to recognize Big Bird and Cookie Monster, but not Elmo, which is insane. They also weren't able to recognize Prairie Dawn, but that's to be expected.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Also, on another note:

I'm 99% certain it's because their home video sales have been in the decline (as has virtually every other company)
Sad truth. It's pretty much a reminder that everything now is just digital, digital, digital.

And people aren't thankful for it, either. I see numerous demands to put x show or movie on Netflix or Hulu or Amazon streaming, etc and people complaining about Netflix (I don't know what Hulu's deal is in regards to their licensing deals with shows and movies) taking down stuff when they can only keep them up for so long because of different licensing deals.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, an article about Shout! Factory getting the video rights has been put online: https://deadline.com/2018/08/sesame...each-multi-year-distribution-deal-1202436613/

I guess now we can talk about Sesame Street video there. I wonder if there'll be any reason to continue posting in this thread (maybe if there were plenty of Warner Home Video-related discussion).

Actually, I thought of something recently (which I thought about mentioning in the "you know what?" thread in general discussions): The "Linus and Lucy" music was cut when Elmo's World: Transportation was finally released on video, by Warner Home Video, but WHV also holds the home video rights to the Peanuts specials. Too bad this connection didn't help them clear the music rights (I wonder if they even bothered).