Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
The next Sesame Street DVD after Being Brave will be "Fairytale Fun". It will have four street stories. No word yet on whether it'll have any Sesame Street News segments (like Big Bird's Story Time and Silly Storytime did), hopefully it will (though there are many fairy tale-themed segments outside of Sesame Street News).

I guess this means we won't be getting Old School Volume 4 in November. Doesn't mean we won't get it in December (has there been a December release since Warner Home Video got the Sesame Street license?) or early next year (hopefully we won't have to wait another five years).
That should be an interesting release. If they do include a bonus video, I would imagine Big Bird's Story Time or Silly Storytime being the one. Personally, I hope it will be the former. On the other hand, they may include something else; after all, Being Brave is including A Celebration of Me, Grover! as the bonus video, so, who knows?

Really? The possibility of Old School Volume 4 not being released? If that's going to be the case, I'll be extremely disappointed (but then again, we all will).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
A new description of the "Being Brave" DVD mentions there being "a monster at the end of this DVD." Maybe this'll be that "Monster at the end of this show" footage we saw a couple of years ago on the Sesame Robinson blog.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Really? The possibility of Old School Volume 4 not being released? If that's going to be the case, I'll be extremely disappointed (but then again, we all will).
I never said I thought it wouldn't be released at all. I just said that it looks like we won't get it this year, since there's going to be a new release in November, Warner Home Video tends to put out only one release a month (not counting exclusives that have come out), and so far Warner has not put out any Sesame releases in December. But hopefully I am wrong and we will get a fourth volume soon, even if we have to wait until next year.

Though I've noticed that we also haven't gotten a "Sesame Street Classics volume 3" this year (yet), either.

Drtooth

Reaction score
When was Old School 4 even announced? I don't think it ever was, nor did I hear any intention of it. Unless there's proof they were considering it, I don't think we have to worry about a product we're not getting not coming out.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When was Old School 4 even announced? I don't think it ever was, nor did I hear any intention of it. Unless there's proof they were considering it, I don't think we have to worry about a product we're not getting not coming out.
No, it was never announced. Many of us were hoping there'd be a fourth volume this year, and I figured if we got one this year it'd be out in November (the last two volumes were released November of their respective years).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well then, if it wasn't supposed to come out, than it wasn't supposed to come out. If there is a 4th volume, and saying this for the trilliondy billionth time, I'd rather they take the time to iron out as many rights issues as possible so we actually get the show's theme song this time.

it's ridiculous to even have to ask.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A new description of the "Being Brave" DVD mentions there being "a monster at the end of this DVD." Maybe this'll be that "Monster at the end of this show" footage we saw a couple of years ago on the Sesame Robinson blog.

I can't remember if I saw that footage on the blog or not... I feel like I have, and yet I also feel like I haven't. I started wondering if this was a "bonus storybook" or maybe even the app (could an app work as a DVD feature?), but after looking at the updated description I wonder if that might be linking footage.

I've noticed that Being Brave seems to have a bit of Grover, with The Monster at the End of This Book being involved somehow, A Celebration of Me, Grover! being included as a bonus video, and a bonus Grover clip. And yet he's not on the cover.

That should be an interesting release. If they do include a bonus video, I would imagine Big Bird's Story Time or Silly Storytime being the one. P

I would expect Big Bird's Story Time over Silly Storytime. Silly Storytime is more recent and I still see it in stores frequently, but I haven't seen DVD copies of Big Bird's Story Time in years. I don't think any Warner releases (well, releases that were originally from Warner Home Video) have been included as bonus videos yet.

I feel like a good selection of bonus features would be Big Bird's Story Time, a selection of News Flash segments (whether we get some as part of the main feature or not), and a few Abby's Flying Fairy School segments (many of those involve classic fairy tales). I feel it would also be great if this release were to also have either the street story where Baby Bear tells the story of what The Three Bears did while waiting for their porridge to cool, or the one where Telly and Baby Bear rewrite the story to include Curly Bear.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've said it once, and I'll say it again...

for a company that's always so strapped for cash, they sure have a lot of unused footage.

Maybe they were waiting for this season.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Considering the 45th anniversary is coming up next year, it wouldn't be too out of place for them to release a fourth volume then.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only reason they shouldn't have a volume 4 is if they have a 45th anniversary special DVD. Probably unlikely since they already released a 40th set... but you never know.

I'd totally rather the Vol 4, though.