Wanted: Unedited Muppet Family Christmas

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
I have a copy

I have one also, My parents taped it off the air when it first was TV, its got all the old commercials too, I also have the edited one, and when I saw it I was diapointed, they cut out the best parts!

getup

Reaction score
hey, i'm interested as well. let me know if this we can work something out!

muestafa1

Reaction score
Desperate for complete Muppet Family Christmas for DVD experiment

Hi all!

I'm desperately seeking a copy of the Muppet Family Christmas special that includes all of the scenes that were cut out in the retail version.

What I ultimately want to do is make a DVD R of the full version of the special. For all of the scenes that are on both the unedited version and the DVD I'll take the footage from the higher quality DVD. For the scenes that are only on the VHS copy, I'll use that copy.

In the end I hope to have a finished product that is of higher quality than the VHS tapes floating arround (except for the recovered parts).

Does this sound reasonable to anyone who has played arround with video conversion/dvd recording?

Could anyone make me a copy of the unedited Muppet Family Christmas special so i can try this Frankenstein experiment?

I'd be willing to send money Via Paypall or Money Order to cover the costs of tape, shipping, and effort.

Thanks,
Neil

anathema

Reaction score
Perfectly feasible, although this probably isn't the sort of project you want to be discussing on here :smile:

Feel free to drop me an email, though!

camillachick

Reaction score
Looking for Muppet Family Christmas unedited

Like so many others I am seeking the elusive Muppet Family Christmas in its complete and unedited glory. Can onyone help me out? I do not have much for trade; a couple sesame items. I can pay shipping and for a blank tape. Talk to me and we can work something out. Old commercials are fine. Thanks in advance!

charliespal@yahoo.com

Whatever

Reaction score
I am lucky to still possess the same copy from TV from my childhood, but it is of course VHS and my family in Memphis has it (I'm in Indiana) and we don't have an extra VCR for copying. Sorry. I know how you feel- I have nightmares about how I'd feel if something happened to it.

camillachick

Reaction score
Um..so, Whatever, was that supposed to help me or just commiserate with me?

Whatever

Reaction score
Comiserate, I guess, unless Kev has 2 VCRs so I can copy it when I go home.

Kamit

Reaction score
I have a copy - in fact i have two. I have the original recording we taped back in the 80's and a more recent copy we taped (after discovering that the commercial copy had been so extensively edited) now that we have cable and access to YTV (which shows it every year).

I'm also doubly VCR endowed. So I would be willing to make a copy if, as you said, you paid for shipping and the blank tape.

camillachick

Reaction score
Kamit,
That would be great. Can you drop me a line at my yahoo address so I can get your mailing address? It would be nice if you could copy me the least staticky version or if they both look good the older one. I'm guessing our video systems are the same? (in Europe they use some other kind)
PS- If you are in Montreal or Toronto I could actually drive up to meet you.