WANTED: "Gone with the Weird" diecast Muppets

Dearth

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm the Muppet fan, my Mom is the Gone with the Wind fan, so I guess it was inevitable that at some point I would try to buy this set.

I saw the boxed set of six on eBay for a decent price, was the only person who bid on it, and thought, "Great, I've got Mother's Day out of the way!"

Until it arrived today. The first ominous item was a handwritten note on the outside of the package, ostensibly by the post office themselves, that said "Rattle ok".

Dreading what I might see, I carefully opened the box to find that the six heavy die-cast metal minis had pulled their blister free from the backer. They'd been clanging and banging into each other the whole trip!

Lots of missing paint dings, especially Piggy's nose. I emailed the seller, and he'll refund my price if I return the item. He won't pay for the return shipping, so when all is said and done, basically I'm paying the post office to take his set away for a while, inflict damage on it, and then return it to him.

I'd still like to get these eventually, although now I'd prefer to get them on the individual cards, or even loose in mint condition so the seller can wrap each one separately.

But I just wanted to share this horror story so other folks can be cautious about buying a boxed set. You might want to inform the seller to open it for you and pad each figure, just in case.

Anyway, if someone here has a full set on the cards for sale, and can get them here by Sunday next, let me know!

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
Update... the seller contacted me again to tell me not to bother returning them. I can keep them, and he issued a full refund on the price I paid, too. That was amazingly decent of him!

And yet I'm still in need of an undamaged set of these.

Alex