Originally posted by King Prawn
Piggy & Dr. Teeth :big_grin:
:big_grin: The man with the badge! The po-lice! The cops, the fuzz, the P-I-
:mad: Don't you dare!
:big_grin: I wouldn't think of it

I just had to do that.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Just a theory but in both cases it seems that they are said alphabetically as in Bert & Ernie and Statler & Waldorf.
It seems like most famous comedy teams that I can think of did it this way: Bob & Ray, Lewis and Martin (Jerry and Dean).
Doesn't really apply to Bunsen and Beaker because Beaker is Bunsen's assistant and they aren't really equals.

Wakka

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetsRule
It seems like most famous comedy teams that I can think of did it this way: Bob & Ray, Lewis and Martin (Jerry and Dean).
Alphabetical order for S & W makes sense, but I definitely disagree with your idea that "most famous comedy teams" did it this way:

Martin and Lewis (not "Lewis & Martin")

Laurel and Hardy

Burns and Allen

Rowan and Martin

Reiner and Brooks

Tom & Dick Smothers

... to name a few.

Of course none of them were Muppets. :eek: :big_grin:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Maybe certain name orders just sounded right when they were writing the muppet show. Cettain combinations of sounds work better than other. Ther softer Waldorf sounds better after the sharper Statler. Same as Bert and Ernie. Ernie is a little sharp, but not as much as Bert.

Bunsen and Beaker don't really follow this, but in this case the names aren't part of their act, ya know? Like Bert and Ernie are famous for their names and it became kind of a joke, but the name placement doesn't really matter with Bunsen and Beaker. Or does it? I just don't know.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I think with Bunsen & Beaker, it's cause SO much of their screentime is in Muppet Labs, where you read 'em from left to right:

Bunsen & Beaker

:cool:

WiGgY

Reaction score
But by follwing that rule, it would be Waldorf and Statler as well. There just isn't any rhyme or reason.